Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Diceallion's real talk.. (My story, my battle to battle)

Diceallion's real talk.. (My story, my battle to battle)

When I get my first piece of equipment, I am committing to practice everyday and truly learn how to be a good DJ for myself.

I will learn and do it the right way!!!
    Play music, have fun, be proud of the moment, let the beat flow through your fingertips, your passion and dedication is the language for your own success. [/B]

Good luck, we're in the same boat.
    I am saving money for my first dj gear and can't wait for my bday next month.

What kind of music do you like? What track have you been playing over and over recently?

Well, primarily, I'm a hip hop guy. I love my ol school, mainly from 93 to 01... Although my love for hip hop is still there, I'm really not familiar with the new... There is the random songs I like, but my knowledge is no where near to the old, and the old I have my daily dose...

2nd I really like dance music, and I'm really enjoying EDM AMD Trance, so I'm new to this genre, and have been listening to these genres for about 2 hours a day every single day for the last month on Beatport and ITunes... Exploring the tracks at night ( my wife and kids go to bed early) I plug in my ear phones, close the lights and close my eyes.. And I wait for those AHA MOMENTS that the beat gives me goose bumps, click and add to my wish list...

3rd.... I'm a sucker for Latin music...

Tracks I'm high on now... In the recent collection... Not ol school...

1) Bailando Paul Damon
    2) all from high beams RL Grime
    3)Whip - Aden

And a few more...

Oh... I found something last night that I found just amazing... Pure awesomeness.. Lol debating if I wanna share LMFAO
    Last edited by diceallion; 02-04-2014 at 06:10 PM.
    Play music, have fun, be proud of the moment, let the beat flow through your fingertips, your passion and dedication is the language for your own success. [/B]

I gotta be honest, I'm finding it extremely difficult being that I truly and passionately love multiple genres, making it hard on where to set my priorities when it comes to shopping for music.

However, as I know my 1st love for music started with Hip Hop, and I don't want to give it up, I cant seem to stop listening to Dance (House, prog, elec). everytime I open Beatport.... Am I slowly abandoning my 1st love, I don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by diceallion View Post
    I gotta be honest, I'm finding it extremely difficult being that I truly and passionately love multiple genres, making it hard on where to set my priorities when it comes to shopping for music.

However, as I know my 1st love for music started with Hip Hop, and I don't want to give it up, I cant seem to stop listening to Dance (House, prog, elec). everytime I open Beatport.... Am I slowly abandoning my 1st love, I don't know...
    Different genres have different skill sets that are emphasized. In my opinion, Hip Hop develops beat matching skills and scratching/drop mixing the fastest and would be a great place to start. Once you get on the Dance side of things you start to fine tune the matching for longer runs and EQing to really smooth out transitions.

Quote Originally Posted by diceallion View Post
    Get used to it . Daily struggle of music digging.
    "Without music, life would be a mistake" - Fredrich Nietzsche

Ahhh the anticipation is killing me.... 9 days to delivery for my 1st ever owned equipment. I want to practice.

Congrats! I hope to buy mine no later than two months from now.

1 week to go for delivery........... Been spending about 2 hours a night properly tagging my music and organizing my folders...