Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Numark - In a box!

Question Numark - In a box!

Hey guys, Quick question do any of you own one of these kits: Total Computer DJ in a Box, iCD DJ IN A BOX, CD DJ In a Box, iBattlepack and/or iDJ In a Box! If so do you like it and is it worth buying? And which one will be the best for a new dj who likes mixing?
    Thanks in advance,
    DJ FhyQ

If you are seriously starting DJing, don't buy anything above. Crappy equipments and if you continue do this longer, you will soon be wanting something better. Nobody is going to buy these anywhere near the price you payed from these. So in that case your next gear is goint to cost these + those new equipments that you buy.

Give us some budget that you are willing to pay from your gear and we will help you.

I've not kept up with the latest developments but back when I was first getting into DJing the Numark DJ In A Box was a big no-no.

still is. like the previous response said give us a budget and we'll try to help.

Ok thanks for the responses, my budget is $400 and i already own a dj2go! Also i have a HP mini 2140 so the software needs to run smoothly.

Wow, for $400 you have lots of choices! Where to even begin....

I have a Denon MC3000, awesome controller for the money and great for mobile gigs, and can be had for well within $400.

I'm sure others will chime in, there's just too many to go through a list at that price range. Have you thought about what software you want to use? That's usually the first question you should ask yourself if you know you want to go the controller route. I personally use Traktor, but I started with Virtual DJ because the learning curve was much easier.

Banned
    Most DJ companies put out gear that is great (Numark included), but some put out stuff aimed at the lower end of the market which tends to damage their reputation (at least among experienced DJs) and any "DJ in a box" setup falls into that category. If you can afford better, buy better. If you can save up, save up. If you can't do either, than any DJ setup is better than no DJ setup.

Thanks again, BTW what about Timecode/Virtual Vinyl for under $400?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ FhyQ View Post
    Thanks again, BTW what about Timecode/Virtual Vinyl for under $400?
    Not gonna happen. A controller is pretty much your only choice with that budget.

Ok so what is the best controller around $100 to $300?