Thread: Downsweep Deorro

Downsweep Deorro

I'd love how Deorro gets this downsweep at 1:15, showtek is where i first heard it, it sounds awesome, can anyone teach me how to get this downsweep? Is it just a trance melody sound with a down slide?

Can you link the song you're talking about? I might have an idea if it's what I'm thinking of.

Ah yeah, sorry i was drunk when i posted this, but here is the track im on about

Sorry for the bump guys but i just really want to know how this is done and i can't find it anywhere as i don't really know what it's called
    Last edited by DJA208; 01-23-2014 at 07:25 AM.

You talking about 1:29?

Quote Originally Posted by baller95 View Post
    You talking about 1:29?
    No man, the huge (what sounds like a) downsweep at 1:15, sounds like its sliding down until 1:30. I've managed to create the way its done, but not the way it sounds

Quote Originally Posted by DJA208 View Post
    No man, the huge (what sounds like a) downsweep at 1:15, sounds like its sliding down until 1:30. I've managed to create the way its done, but not the way it sounds
    Oh yeah I hear it now, that is a nice sound! Good luck man
    Last edited by Baller95; 01-23-2014 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by baller95 View Post
    Oh yeah I hear it now, that is nice sound! Good luck man
    Cheers bro

It sounds like a synth lead is being pitch bent via automation and has a side chain compressor on it. If you have Zebra or Massive you should be able to get a very similar sound/tone. I'd look for some tutorials on YouTube for hard dance leads or trance leads (Thats what it sounds like to me). They should point you in the right direction.
    I'm rubbish when it comes to generating my own sounds on synths so I can't help any more than that I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Enstrom View Post
    It sounds like a synth lead is being pitch bent via automation and has a side chain compressor on it. If you have Zebra or Massive you should be able to get a very similar sound/tone. I'd look for some tutorials on YouTube for hard dance leads or trance leads (Thats what it sounds like to me). They should point you in the right direction.
    I'm rubbish when it comes to generating my own sounds on synths so I can't help any more than that I'm afraid.
    Thanks alot for your help! I have managed to find away of getting a similar sound, using Portamento on a dance lead via Nexus. So i will give Massive a try and see what happens! Thanks again man!