Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pioneer DDJ-SZ

Pioneer DDJ-SZ

The ultimate Serato DJ control with 2x USB ports! Makes me wonder if they're going to eventually implement them on their flagship mixers..

http://pioneerdj.com/english/pressre...?ent=201401222
    Last edited by KLH; 01-22-2014 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Added Pix - KLH

Almost perfect controller! Next on my must buy list. LOVE THIS. Finally, larger platters, independent mic controls, TWO USB ports...

This would be even more PErFECT if it accepts timecode. I would love to hook up my 1200s too. Now I also have to figure out a new coffin system to also hold my wireless mics... But I am definitely not complaining! I am selling a lot of my schmack to get this baby. Anybody want some Technics SL-1200MK2s, Bose L1 Classics with B1 bass bins, Denon Dn-HD2500, a rare Denon Dp-151 turntable, a rare Ultimate Support APEX AX-91, or some road cases? LOL
    Joe A Delfin (JamminDownJD)
    Entertainment Director, Ultra Events Production Group and ChicagoPremiereDJs
    Vice President, Chicagoland Chapter of the American Disc Jockey Association

Its official, the bar has risen.........

Tech1200s & 1210 pioneer cdj1000, DDJ-sx2,vci-300, serato itch ssl sdj, rane sl1 57 62, RCF-745's qsc k12 jbl-vrx918sp, JBL-VRX932LAP, DriveRack-PA2, Macbook pro+windows 7, Macbook Air Ipad,benQ-mx620st Projector,JBL-VRXhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFAQ0GZu_P8

I can't find any confirmation.... Will this beast actually accept TIMECODE?!!!

Suggested price of $2000... probably street price around $1699-1799.

Estimated release in March 2014. Time for me to build a road case in anticipation for this piece of kit!
    Last edited by JamminDownJD; 01-22-2014 at 03:54 AM.
    Joe A Delfin (JamminDownJD)
    Entertainment Director, Ultra Events Production Group and ChicagoPremiereDJs
    Vice President, Chicagoland Chapter of the American Disc Jockey Association

Quote Originally Posted by JamminDownJD View Post
    The DVS limitation is always a SOFTWARE issue, not a hardware one. Serato finally seems willing to allow their DJ app (called DJ) to support DVS from a controller, like the Kontrol S4.

The bar has been raised. There are two questions:

1. Is this the controller that obsoletes CDJs moving forward?
    2. Is this controller too big for most (like the NS7)?

This is the closest we'll see Pioneer making an all-in bet.
    Last edited by KLH; 01-22-2014 at 07:58 AM.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by JamminDownJD View Post
    from the official DDJ-SZ video:

These soundcards also feature five stereo inputs, so you can control Serato DJ's four virtual decks with Serato Noisemap discs or vinyl, and record your whole set with the fifth stereo input
    EDIT: i'll just cross post this from the general forum

Quote Originally Posted by EarnYourKeep
    name one dj that can replicate richie's drums in a minimal techno way, this coming from a plastikman background...then again i figure trance heads would respond this way they always seek the BUILD UP AND DROP THE BASS BRO

Saw this earlier this morning and think it's a great step in the controller direction for the guys that don't want to use controllers that still use TTs and CDJs/DJMs..

I think what will nail it on the head for me is if they take out a version with a screen so we don't have to rely on a laptop. Then i will be sold..

Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    I think what will nail it on the head for me is if they take out a version with a screen so we don't have to rely on a laptop. Then i will be sold..
    You think that this is what people want? A computerless "controller"?

AFAIK, there's the controller/computer combo and the CDJ-and/or-TT/mixer combo. The two already offer practically the same experience.

Other than bigger motorized platters, I don't see how controllers themselves can really improve.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Barring someone like Denon coming out with something similar, THIS will be the club industry standard controller. This does everything that a bar to mid sized club would need it to do. The only thing its missing is Rekordbox compatibility (which is probably something Serato insisted they not include). It can support two DJs on different laptops. While they didn't explicitly say it, it sounds like it can run both Serato and Traktor at the same time on the two different soundcards. It also supports DVS in Serato DJ. So you can have this mixer/controller with a pair of CDJs and/or a pair of Turntables and run Serato, Traktor or VDJ two at a time. At a price equal to a single CDJ-2000Nexus. Anyone who knows me knows that I am far from a Pioneer fan, but this is the controller nightclubs have been waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    You think that this is what people want? A computerless "controller"?

AFAIK, there's the controller/computer combo and the CDJ-and/or-TT/mixer combo. The two already offer practically the same experience.

Other than bigger motorized platters, I don't see how controllers themselves can really improve.
    I don't really know if it's what people want. But it's the only thing i think that would shift me from my current CDJ/TT/Mixer combo but i would probably move onto this. But also adding a screen even if it's a small one like some of their current controllers will always cost more, and add more size and bulk to it and make it unpractical. But that's a personal choice and if it happens, it happens. If it doesn't this would be my option.

It's a great looking controller and got everything you could want, jog adjust, pads, CDJ jog wheen, touch strip etc etc. But i'm the sort of guy that doesn't want to have to rely on a computer yet. The day will come though.