Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: controlling 2 digital dj controller on 1 laptop

Unhappy controlling 2 digital dj controller on 1 laptop

hey, can some1 help me on my problem, can i use two hercules rmx2 on 1 laptop? so that i could control 4decks. thank you.

Nope.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by ziegfrey View Post
    hey, can some1 help me on my problem, can i use two hercules rmx2 on 1 laptop? so that i could control 4decks. thank you.
    Actually, I think you can... I have a Hercules MK4 and a Hercules MP3 E2 that I hook up together, though I customized the mapping on the second one to work the effects instead of decks C/D.

The Hercules utility in your taskbar will show an orange number "2" if both are connected and working.

Only thing is, this worked with two different Hercules controllers, I don't know if this would work with two of the same controller. But for what you are trying to accomplish, you can buy a different Hercules controller without a soundcard, like the MP3 E2, and map that to accomplish what you're trying to do, and would end up being cheaper too if you were planning on buying another RMX.

controlling 2 digital dj controller on 1 laptop

thank you very much for the reply, so can i use two rmx2 on one program, and use all the functions such as the 4 decks,mixer channel, and also the pads and it's function like cue,loop,effects,sampler?

Quote Originally Posted by ziegfrey View Post
    thank you very much for the reply, so can i use two rmx2 on one program, and use all the functions such as the 4 decks,mixer channel, and also the pads and it's function like cue,loop,effects,sampler?
    Like I said above, I'm not sure if you can connect two of the same controller, but I know you can connect two different Hercules controllers to act like one. Just keep in mind, you will have to customize the mapping for the second controller, otherwise you will have two redundant controllers controlling the same parts of the software. I've used this setup with Traktor 2.5 and the latest Hercules control panel utility.

yes sir, thanks, by the way, i have good news for you, i've asked hercules dj mix room on FB, they said, you could two RMX on 1 laptop. hahahha i don't have to buy a 4 deck controller, and my old RMX2 is not going to be useless.

Just because you can does not mean you should...
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    Just because you can does not mean you should...
    Why not?

^ perhaps someone might bite off more than they can chew?
    Last edited by Finnish_Fox; 01-21-2014 at 09:50 AM.
    DJM-850 | Technics 1210 M5G x 2 | CDJ-900 x 2 | RCF 312A MKIII x 2 - Soundcloud
    1-v-1 Battle Record: 1-0 / 1-v-1-v-1 Battle Record: 0-1

Banned
    As someone who has tried something similar (I ran a djm900, 2 cdj2000s, and a MC6000 at the same time), your software is going to get really confused by two sets of faders attempting to control the exact same functions. Could you do this? Yes, but you're going to have disable the mixer portion of one controller in the controller editor.