Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Rane Mixers Announced

New Rane Mixers Announced

Rane Sixty-One, Sixty-Two & Z-Trip’s Sixty-Two Z Mixers for Serato Scratch Live

Turntablism is alive and more creative than ever. Rane and Serato are proud to be supporting partners in that creativity with theintroduction of the Rane Sixty-One and Sixty-Two mixers for Serato Scratch Live. For more than a decade, artists have chosen innovative Rane instruments to advance their art, and three generations of TTM series mixers have been the top pick for many of the world's best performers. These mixers more tightly integrate performer, music, software, and hardware. The artist adds passion, imagination and skills. The Sixty-Two is a plug-and-play package supporting two computers, 2-deck digital vinyl simulation, SP-6 sample player, software and hardware effects and all the record and playback channels you need. Software controls for Library, Loops, Cues and SP-6 are laid out for fast and intuitive access. Choose the Sixty-Two and join a community of users dedicated to advancement of the art. Genre-bending musical pioneer Z-Trip co-designed the Limited Edition Sixty-Two Z Mixer, which features a face plate designed byrenowned artist, Shepard Fairey and high-quality custom purple cables. "Every DJ dreams of designing a mixer,” reveals Z-Trip. “The new Rane Sixty-Two Z is my dream realized — it has everything I want in a mixer. Only Rane and Serato could help build such a versatile machine and interface." If you are looking for the same bullet-proof construction, pristine audio quality and integrated 20-channel sound card but prefer to use your own MIDI controller with outboard software or hardware effects and a single computer, consider the Rane Sixty-One. Dean Standing at Rane Corporation says “We have a huge group of dedicated users who have been sharing their thoughts and ideas with us on what the next battle mixer should be. As we were developing this next generation mixer, it turned into two products: a basic high-quality mixer with integrated 20-channel sound card and a second mixer that also includes MIDI mappable controls, internal effects and two USB ports. We appreciate that one model doesn’t fit all users.” "Rane have nailed it with these two incredible mixers," explains Sam Gribben, C.E.O. of Serato. "The Sixty-One is perfect for the pure digital turntablist, with its clean and classic interface and, of course, Rane's amazing magnetic faders. The Sixty-Two is the ultimate party rocking mixer, with all the controls you need at your fingertips.

Rane Sixty-One

http://www.rane.com/sixtyone.html

Rane Sixty-Two

http://www.rane.com/sixtytwo.html#gpm1_1

Rane Sixty-Two Z

http://www.rane.com/sixtytwo.html#gpm1_2
    Last edited by Andrew B; 01-19-2012 at 01:49 PM.

It's about time they made replacements to the 57, i'm digging the simplicity of the sixty-one. The Z-Trip version is just plain wrong.

Although will slide this in here, if Traktor users are looking for 57/sixty one type mixer for less. The Pioneer DJM-T1 has dropped in price big time, AGI selling it for $999. Much more tempting price than before.

the 61 looks cool the others look too busy and they have them god awefull buttons the 68 uses

might get a 61 at some point. wish it had XLRs but i can't stand those 62/68 buttons.
    PROFESSIONAL UNEMPLOYED DJ
    ------------------------------------------------------
    PATREON

I'm surprised no ones made a new set of buttons out of a slightly more rubbery material. That would be an awesome mod for the 68 and 62 when it comes out.

I pre-ordered my sixty-two. can't wait. mixer looks amazing. i'm sure everyone is not happy with all the features but it's to please everyone.

61 is nice. Thinking I might buy one also eventually.

But 62 / 68 simply look like UFOs.

But then again, Rane sound quality…

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Bike View Post
    might get a 61 at some point. wish it had XLRs but i can't stand those 62/68 buttons.
    Someone was saying that the buttons are different. They're not the same as the 68.

The buttons on the 62 are different than the 68. Different plastic (i.e. not as hard), shorter travel distance, and the trigger switch is centered under the button and not at the bottom like on the 68.

the 62 looks pretty dope to me. i've been drooling over the 68 for a while.. now they've pared it down to 2 channels and fixed some of the fatal flaws of the 68. sounds good to me! i pre-ordered the 62-Z for a VERY good price too. i'll probably skin it but i'm a sucker for an LTD ED and the Oyaide cables put me over the top.. i've been wanting to pick some of them up for a while. i'll try to post a review once i get the mixer in hand.

btw, i've got a DJM800 for times when i need more than two channels. and i've never owned a mixer with a built in SSL interface. This is gonna be fun.