Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: New EV speakers at NAMM 2014... the EV ETX series

And here is the first review of the etx 18sp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQGzyz0aPU8

Quote Originally Posted by Will SwoO View Post
    I'm curious if the ETX speakers were in their factory settings, 2 out of 4 of the GCs i went to the room EQ or the location settings were messed with. Shit one GC had a bad XLR hooked into the speaker, the guy wouldn't even change it. I got in the habit of resetting to factory default and setting the limiter light on the front before listening. I found the 15 to be a bit bright, but not harsh or "obnoxious". The 12 was definitely better sounding IMO, had a smoother high end with a better mix overall and they get plenty loud for anything I'm doing with them.

It hurts at first, but once you get home, play some tracks and just admire the sound........that's a great feeling
    Congrats, enjoy them
    With all that listening you were doing, it would have been nice if you had A/B'd them to everyone's favorite KW, PRX or DSR, like-for-like.
    Raising the bar...
    http://www.channelliveproductions.com/
    Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

Quote Originally Posted by audiopyle View Post
    Did you happen to notice what setting the dsp was on?
    Damn, you know I thought when I toggled them on and off they'd go to the default flat setting, but I'm gonna assume they retain their settings, so I don't know if they were set to flat after a power cycle. They could've been on monitor mode for all I know. :l

Quote Originally Posted by GaFFLe View Post
    With all that listening you were doing, it would have been nice if you had A/B'd them to everyone's favorite KW, PRX or DSR, like-for-like.
    I did reviews on the Yorkville PS12P, and ETX 12 and 15 here http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...er-Tops-thread

When I went to GC I compared the ETX line to the PRX, KW's, DSR, DXR, ELX, Alto Black (I was curious), basically everything they had close in class short of the 3 way models. Unfortunately I couldn't A/B all of them. I did A/B the KW15 and 12, DXR's, and PRX's, I should have written it up. The ETX 12 was the best sounding speaker they had IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DJzrule View Post
    Damn, you know I thought when I toggled them on and off they'd go to the default flat setting, but I'm gonna assume they retain their settings, so I don't know if they were set to flat after a power cycle. They could've been on monitor mode for all I know. :l
    They retain their settings, nonvolatile memory. The first ETX speaker I heard had the room eq all tweaked, I was very disappointed that time too.
    Last edited by Will SwoO; 05-17-2014 at 10:09 AM.