Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Why do all the big names have pioneer cdjs?

Quote Originally Posted by kick6 View Post

It's about the same as where you're at, or beaners are just Mexican instead of Cuban, and we've swapped your oversupply of old people for guns.
    Actually the Cubans are mostly in Miami, Orlando is more Purto Ricans...but its more of my wife has some sort of grudge against TX...she's from upstate NY...maybe that has something to do with it. I wouldn't mind a trip to TX...maybe I'll go and not tell her.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Highline View Post
    Actually the Cubans are mostly in Miami, Orlando is more Purto Ricans...but its more of my wife has some sort of grudge against TX...she's from upstate NY...maybe that has something to do with it. I wouldn't mind a trip to TX...maybe I'll go and not tell her.

My dad is from upstate New York. He owns a McRanch down here. Never wants to go home.

Quote Originally Posted by kick6 View Post
    I'd have to cost $6g, as it'd smash the "nexus setup" sales.
    To me its the next logical step from a marketing standpoint. Its too risky to let someone else steal the spot. I have a feeling Pioneer already has this all in one unit designed and prototyped, so they can do a rush release if needed to keep their position in the market.
    My - Mix Thread. Perception July 19 2014 - Deep House http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?41577-Perception-Supperclub-SF-July-19-2014
    Electronic Press Kit http://DJFarzon.com

No joke. I just load all my music onto a flash drive carry it in my pocket and I can organize everything through the cdjs no need to carry a laptop. Memory points, cues, everything. On the fly. I've had serato itch, tracktor. I still enjoi rekordbox more. Simple, easy to use and goes great now that its able organize everything with the cdjs.

Well, interesting read you bunch of bitches!

There is already a standard controller in the booth and that is the CDJ, which connects to a laptop and can be used as a controller extremely easilly.

The CDJ I don't see being phased out for ages and if there is a standard controller to remain it will be a multiplayer like the 2000 (which already fills the roll), because as Marc said its almost impossible to implement a controller standard due to customised settings, but if there is a standard layout that almost everyone can use, or is similar to many other products that is plug and play (like the CDJ is) then that is going to continue to be used.

To be fair technology is advancing at such a crazy pace no one on here can really accurately say "this is going to be in the booth in 10 years". To have a chance you'd probably have to go and survey a load of R&D departments.

To be fair for the forseeable future for the likes of us, having space to set up and use what you want is probably going to be the norm, as it is at the moment I see guys using all mediums including vinyl only (which seems to be a promo thing). But there are many factors involved in the equipment you want to use, not just convenience. Everyone knows I won't use a computer, I see them as unreliable and the major point is the workflow and creativity of using a computer just doesn't happen, I don't know why.

That said my housemate has just recently sold his Traktor stuff too and is now concentrating on vinyl and CDJ's, his mixing has become much more interesting and he is enjoying it a lot more than using a computer, and that is DVS, not a controller. So there are many reasons why people do and don't use specific equipment, but like everyone was banging on about turntables being dead and not being available in clubs, same with the CDJs, it's not happening anytime soon.
    www.londontechnoblog.com / www.soundcloud.com/adam-bloy #TeamIdiot
    Cpl. Josh Ray Person:
    "There are layers of retardation people don't even know about"