Thread: Another new mixer help thread..

Another new mixer help thread..

I've just sold my Denon DN-X1600 and I'm in the market for a new mixer. I've done a lot of research on the mixers in my range of $2000 and I'm down to the Xone DB2, DJM900 and X1700.

The main reason I'm upgrading is to have the ability to modify at least 2 channels individually. I mostly use traktor but have an audio 10 soundcard so it's not essential for the mixer to be traktor certified. When I'm not using traktor I use CDJ's which is why I need external efx capabilities. I really like the selection of effects in the DB2 as I spin primarily house/tech house, but the lack of fader contour adjustment is a huge turn-off for an $1800 mixer. I only mix with channel faders so having a gradual contour is essential. I know previous xone mixers have always had very sharp contour which is why I've always stayed away from them. Does anyone have experience with the new DB2? How are the channel faders? I know do what to expect with the x1700 and I've used a DJM900 before and really liked it.. this is what is making this decision so hard.

Any other advice would be appreciated. Also, as much as I'd absolutely love a DB4 it's somewhat out of my price range.
    Last edited by hoff; 03-11-2012 at 03:10 PM.

This isn't gonna be much help, but why are you selling the 1600? In thinking of picking on up, so I'd like to know.
    http://bflatinum.com/

Simply because I want to modify more than one channel individually. Loved the X1600 though, best mixer you're going to get for ~$1000, never had any problems with it.

Well after reading the user manual for the DB2 it appears that the channel faders are indeed adjustable.. deep in the menus but this is good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hoff View Post
    Simply because I want to modify more than one channel individually. Loved the X1600 though, best mixer you're going to get for ~$1000, never had any problems with it.
    That's pretty much the only reason keeping me from choosing a Pioneer. What would you recommend?
    http://bflatinum.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bflat View Post
    That's pretty much the only reason keeping me from choosing a Pioneer. What would you recommend?
    Well the pioneer 900, 850 and 800 have the 'colour effects' that apply to individual channels, but in all reality they are quite limited. If you want access to individual effects per channel check out the Denon X1700 or Xone DB2. The DB2 has a massive library of effects and now that I know it has channel contour adjust I'm going that route.