Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF is up with Pioneer??

Quote Originally Posted by Vernski View Post
    IMO, if it crashes it crashes and the company needs to know about it. They need to know these things to improve their product in the long run. After product testing and QA, customer feedback is a really important part of product stability and evolution. If you're saying that the site is inundated with cries for help and whining, let's just hope that eventually Pioneer will catch up and remedy the problems.
    Oh, I completely agree that a support forum exists to notify a manufacturer about an issue with the ability to track it, but the issue is that doesn't really pan out all so great. Once a company is aware of an issue and working on it (like Pio's current situation) the topics regarding it steadily break down from "I encountered an issue, here was the situation, here was the issue, it is/isnt able to be replicated, can I send in the unit under warranty? (yes)" to "PIO U SHITLORDS y u abandon us? I 40 nd I nevr seen sch AWFUL service from company I literally sell family for equipment. I LITERALLY need doctor I stress so much I cannot sleep from such issue from product from such SHIT SHIT COMPANY." As the rational people report the problem, find a workaround, and then get on with their lives, while the bleaters rapidly degrade for attention.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ STU-C View Post
    no way is it easier, i added new tracks to a playlist on rekordbox on friday, went to my gig on saturday night and couldn't find the tracks, some were just plain not on the playlist and others had ben added to the bottom when i clearly stated i wanted the file sorting by artist (yet another problem as all my tracks were sorted by Filename in SSL so i have had to rename all my music that wasn't ID tagged correctly)
    If your library is sorted by filename, you're going to run into that same issue with literally every ID3 based application in existence. SSL is a bit of a holdover due to legacy dealings. Dumping your entire library organisation structure into a single arbitrary line and tossing the ID3 tags (and the things that sort them) to the wind just isn't a very viable long term strategy.

Rekordbox is a very poor piece of software and the tech used to read BPM's is wholly inaccurate. i had a track playing at 122 on the left deck of my XDJ-R1 and the one on the right was at 122.1 after i had beat matched them, yet when i had both tracks mixed in i was having to speed up the right deck to adjust (according to the BPM counter i should have been slowing it down to match) SSL has never once done that to me
    Check your grids properly, also try experimenting with Normal/Dynamic modes. Normal mode locks the counter at a steady average BPM, while Dynamic is near-perfect elastic gridding, but gets a little jumpy with quantised tracks. Ive actually found RB's detection engine to be pretty top notch, with a bit of error checking.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernski View Post
    IMO, if it crashes it crashes and the company needs to know about it. They need to know these things to improve their product in the long run. After product testing and QA, customer feedback is a really important part of product stability and evolution. If you're saying that the site is inundated with cries for help and whining, let's just hope that eventually Pioneer will catch up and remedy the problems.
    No, it's only 10% of the crashes that are "legitimate". If you have to do something "weirdly specific" to make a deck crash, then obviously that's nothing that Pioneer should care about. Those 90% of people are just incessant whiners who can't even speak English properly, so fuck 'em! lol. If a person can't even speak English, you shouldn't pay any attention to them at all. Didn't you know that, Vernski?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Era 7 View Post
    how so? i use TSP for DJing, used SSL in the past, but i use rekordbox on my tower at home to sort my files and found it less of a pain and easier to work with than Traktor or SSL. that's all on a windows machine though.
    If all you're doing with it is sorting, I can buy that...maybe. Although I can't see how creating crates/playlists is difficult on ANY of the available software.

However, where rekordbox really starts to suck is when attempting to beatgrid and set hotcues/loops.

Quote Originally Posted by Era 7 View Post
    never encountered such a problem. i usually have the collection sorted by "date added" -> latest at the bottom. didn't have any tunes gone missing yet.

there are some gripes i have with it regardless. it was kind of a pain in the ass to do playlists with rekordbox, but that was sorted for me when they added smart playlists ā la itunes which should have in place from the start imo and since version 2.0 it seems to be struggling with basic 4/4 beats, putting grids in between 2 kicks. not really an issue, but weird since i didn't really have that with 1.x versions.
    the problem i have is I'm quite unorganised with my tracks, i mainly just renamed the file with the full title then moved the filename bar in serato as the main search field. so as you can guess there are hundreds of tracks in my collection with artist blank and track name as 'track 5' or whatever. so importing to rekordbox meant the basic info i used in serato is now useless.

so the last 3 days i have spent hours filling in the ID3 tags in iTunes, only to find for it to update in rekordbox i have to delete them from my collection and reload them back in. or refresh one at a time.

I'm sorry but this software is just poor. serato updates its info when you update you're info from any other app
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    It's only because features like auto-sync have opened the doors for a bunch of lazy cunts to buy some gear and think they're a DJ a week later that we go round and round in circles with this same topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    Oh, I completely agree that a support forum exists to notify a manufacturer about an issue with the ability to track it, but the issue is that doesn't really pan out all so great. Once a company is aware of an issue and working on it (like Pio's current situation) the topics regarding it steadily break down from "I encountered an issue, here was the situation, here was the issue, it is/isnt able to be replicated, can I send in the unit under warranty? (yes)" to "PIO U SHITLORDS y u abandon us? I 40 nd I nevr seen sch AWFUL service from company I literally sell family for equipment. I LITERALLY need doctor I stress so much I cannot sleep from such issue from product from such SHIT SHIT COMPANY." As the rational people report the problem, find a workaround, and then get on with their lives, while the bleaters rapidly degrade for attention.

If your library is sorted by filename, you're going to run into that same issue with literally every ID3 based application in existence. SSL is a bit of a holdover due to legacy dealings. Dumping your entire library organisation structure into a single arbitrary line and tossing the ID3 tags (and the things that sort them) to the wind just isn't a very viable long term strategy.

Check your grids properly, also try experimenting with Normal/Dynamic modes. Normal mode locks the counter at a steady average BPM, while Dynamic is near-perfect elastic gridding, but gets a little jumpy with quantised tracks. Ive actually found RB's detection engine to be pretty top notch, with a bit of error checking.
    i don't use quantize or any of the beat gridding stuff, I'm just talking manually beatmatching 2 tracks from my usb source and the fact they can be in perfect alignment throughout the period of you listening to the master track, as soon as i start the mix the tracks wander all over and generally don't behave how you would expect. i can mix with my 1210s and listen for adjustments and then adjust, whereas with the XDJ-R1 ill be slowing the track one second to keep in line then suddenly it requires speeding up even though i haven't touched the pitch. its like being on belt drive turntables again
    It's only because features like auto-sync have opened the doors for a bunch of lazy cunts to buy some gear and think they're a DJ a week later that we go round and round in circles with this same topic.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ STU-C View Post
    the problem i have is I'm quite unorganised with my tracks, i mainly just renamed the file with the full title then moved the filename bar in serato as the main search field. so as you can guess there are hundreds of tracks in my collection with artist blank and track name as 'track 5' or whatever. so importing to rekordbox meant the basic info i used in serato is now useless.

so the last 3 days i have spent hours filling in the ID3 tags in iTunes, only to find for it to update in rekordbox i have to delete them from my collection and reload them back in. or refresh one at a time.

I'm sorry but this software is just poor. serato updates its info when you update you're info from any other app
    ah well that sucks. i made naming my files a habit after years of grief not doing it. i have all my files named after this scheme: "artist name" - "track name" ("remix name"). never used itunes with it. that sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by EarnYourKeep
    name one dj that can replicate richie's drums in a minimal techno way, this coming from a plastikman background...then again i figure trance heads would respond this way they always seek the BUILD UP AND DROP THE BASS BRO

No, it's only 10% of the crashes that are "legitimate". If you have to do something "weirdly specific" to make a deck crash, then obviously that's nothing that Pioneer should care about.
    About half of the initial issues with the 2000NXS firmware were user triggered, with very clear workarounds. One of the freezes was literally triggered by spamming the hot cues incessantly until the deck reset itself. The issues were reported, acknowledged, and put through, but the complaints and RAEG kept mounting. The top thread in the forum at the moment is a ranting circlejerk purely about the Pioneer reps not commenting on the constant rants and complaints about the issues they already know about. What is a CSR supposed to say in that situation?

Those 90% of people are just incessant whiners who can't even speak English properly, so fuck 'em! lol. If a person can't even speak English, you shouldn't pay any attention to them at all. Didn't you know that, Vernski?
    Well yeah. If a user isn't going to create a clear communication line to the persons responsible, and instead just spew rage over the keyboard with absolutely no regards to communication effectiveness, or even raising a specific issue; then their comments don't really matter. See above comment about current top thread being a ragefest about not getting acknowledgement for previous ragefests.

Oh wait, you work for Pioneer?

Nope, why would I?

No, it's only 10% of the crashes that are "legitimate". If you have to do something "weirdly specific" to make a deck crash, then obviously that's nothing that Pioneer should care about. Those 90% of people are just incessant whiners who can't even speak English properly, so fuck 'em! lol. If a person can't even speak English, you shouldn't pay any attention to them at all. Didn't you know that, Vernski?
    Perdon Seņor Sigma, no hablo ingles.... My ingrish is no so very good looking, dis must meen ime in the 90%...
    DJ Forum Trance Champion 2013/2014
    Retired