Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So much progress from where we left off :)

So much progress from where we left off :)

So glad this place is back up. And well, I still feel the need of posting again in the beginners section, because that's what I consider myself mixing wise

Stepped up my game from the Korg Nano Series and an X-Session Pro and Ableton (and tried Traktor real quick, but wasn't a big fan). I still have been messing about with Ableton for production, but have shelved it for mixing because I love my new setup so much more now.

Over the summer I was able to purchase my "dream" setup. I've also moved on to promoting for a local crew, and getting people out to shows in the MA area. (Beatdown Productions). I've been going to a lot more shows and getting to know the local underground, and it's just been a great time. Still posting over at DJTT forum as well, but DJF was a seriously missed part of my rotation. Can't wait to ask all sorts of speaker questions pretty soon

Click here for mobile viewing.

It's been a couple months since I took that video, and have upgraded even since. And I can't be buggered to make a new one right now lol.

Technics 1200 MK2 x2
    Rane TTM-56
    Serato SL1

(Note: SL1 isn't hooked up atm. Don't have a power supply, and have been playing with just vinyl recently so just unhooked it for a bit)

It's such a great feeling to finally be moving in the right direction, having saved for exactly what I wanted. Also came across 262 early 2000's DnB vinyl for $50 on Craigslist. So I've been recently going through that and learning my way along with straight vinyl. It's a fuck of a lot harder to mix than using the DVS tools as a crutch, but I'm getting there

Hope everyone else has been moving in the right direction as well!

That's awesome, man.

Although, uh... that desk looks a bit overloaded / warped. Oops.

I was just thinking the same thing. Im not sure if that table can support that equipment.

I used the same type of table for gigs, it's all good as long as the legs are fine and locked (they both fold towards the middle)

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post
    (Note: SL1 isn't hooked up atm. Don't have a power supply, and have been playing with just vinyl recently so just unhooked it for a bit)
    why don't you run your power via USB from your laptop, thats what i do, i know you can run a seperate power via an outlet, although i rarely see anyone doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by finalcoyote View Post
    That's awesome, man.

Although, uh... that desk looks a bit overloaded / warped. Oops.
    Yeah, it looks a little funky but it's perfectly sound. It's a one of those plastic tables, and this one in particular folds in the middle so if I need to move it in my car, I can actually fit it in there. It bumps up a tiny bit in the center, but doesn't make a big enough difference on anything to really worry about.

When I got it, I wanted to get a table that I could move. I have a small car (Corolla) and I can still fit everything in it and move it, including the table, if need be. Individual cases and folding table make for some serious packing power Not that I've had to yet, but preparing for the future and also moving in the near future lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Weatherman View Post
    why don't you run your power via USB from your laptop, thats what i do, i know you can run a seperate power via an outlet, although i rarely see anyone doing that.
    I usually do actually, when I want to bring my laptop over. It's not my desk for anything besides the tables though, and so I've just been spinning on vinyl recently (trying to get beatmatching down just by ear) and so it's more of a pain to lug the computer over every time I want to spin, rather than just unhook the SL1 for awhile.

Ooh, I thought that block in the middle was one of the legs. I didn't see the legs thar

Yeah that's actually the sub I'm using. Old Logitech 5.1 Surround System that I've gotten more than my monies worth out of. Honestly, for what it is, I can't complain.

That being said, new headphones and speakers are next on my list

regular computer speakers are fine when you're starting out

Nice setup. Can't go wrong with a pair of Technics.
    2 Technics M5G | 2 Technics MK2 | Shure M44-7 | 2 Rane TTM-57 | Pioneer EFX-500 | 15" MacBook Pro
    On-Air Mixer at KZON Live 101.5 PHX