Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beatport

Juno is very hard work to skim through alot of music. i'll tend to just search for a specific song on Juno because beatport hasn't got it.

Guys, beatport question... Just bought 4 tracks tonight and they are completely write protected. When I right click and go to properties, then the detail tab, to modify all the fields, I have zero access? Also all the fields are completely empty? Any idea why?
    Play music, have fun, be proud of the moment, let the beat flow through your fingertips, your passion and dedication is the language for your own success. [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Vernski View Post
    I think because genre allocation for tracks is retarded. It's actually really common in other genres too. Yes it's frustrating trying find tunes when they're out of genre. You either won't find what you're looking for because it wrong or you come tracks you're not looking for because it's wrong.
    My question is since when is big room house "progressive"....

Quote Originally Posted by DJ-Veaux View Post
    My question is since when is big room house "progressive"....
    DJM-850 | Technics 1210 M5G x 2 | CDJ-900 x 2 | RCF 312A MKIII x 2 - Soundcloud
    1-v-1 Battle Record: 1-0 / 1-v-1-v-1 Battle Record: 0-1

Quote Originally Posted by DJ-Veaux View Post
    since when is big room house
    Since when is that a genre at all (saw someone use it the other day) when they should have just used standard shit commercial dance music boardering on electrohau5, because there was nothing house about it.

To be honest Beatport is shit, it has been shit at genres for a while and it is getting shitter.

Sometimes it may be that the artist is incorrectly tagging the music (which wouldn't be a shock), as I do some label work, I know generally you have to fill in the data spreadsheet which includes all the info about the track/release (including genre and maybe also secondary genre). I am not sure about the distribution side though, so it may be that producers just don't know the music they are producing, now weather it is Beatport or Producers, neither would surprise me.
    www.londontechnoblog.com / www.soundcloud.com/adam-bloy #TeamIdiot
    Cpl. Josh Ray Person:
    "There are layers of retardation people don't even know about"

Quote Originally Posted by Adzm00 View Post

To be honest Beatport is shit, it has been shit at genres for a while and it is getting shitter.
    This, This, This... And THIS ^^^^^

Beatport drives me mad. They lazily lump so many things together that at this point I will not browse beatport any longer.

My money is better spent with a company that actually cares enough to properly label its tracks.
    Formerly Dj Swerv (DJF since 07) || Listening to anything that sounds like Boots and Cats

Beatport really is shit (Original Mix)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJWhoQE

After 2 years, DJWhoQE has challenged me again. It's all going to kick off over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Will MaXimal View Post
    My money is better spent with a company that actually cares enough to properly label its tracks.
    ...and isn't lining the pockets of SFX.
    DJM-850 | Technics 1210 M5G x 2 | CDJ-900 x 2 | RCF 312A MKIII x 2 - Soundcloud
    1-v-1 Battle Record: 1-0 / 1-v-1-v-1 Battle Record: 0-1

I agree with the beatport statement to a certain extent. If you already have an idea of what artists and labels you like, it's great. But genre discovery, it's shit
    Equipment: CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, AiAiAi TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition.

Banned
    Considering how much arguing goes on here about genre, I don't blame beatport for missing. Genre is always going to be in flux, and make shit up whenever it suits them. The one I hear all the time that I don't think is a real genre is "peaking trance."