Thread: 3rd, 4th decks in Traktor?

3rd, 4th decks in Traktor?

This is probably a question with an obvious answer but I have as yet been unable to find one- hopefully KLH and the other software gurus will be able to help:-

I've been using Traktor scratch pro for a little while now and run it through my x1600 mixer using my two Tech 1210s (on channels 2 & 3). My standard Traktor view is 2 decks + 2 remix decks (that I don't currently use much).

Is it possible to configure Traktor to run say 4 traditional decks? I.e. continue to use my two 1210s on channels 2 & 3 of my mixer (for DVS), but also hook up one of my sc2900s to control a 3rd Traktor deck on channel 1 of my mixer, either via hybrid/midi (I have sufficient usb ports available) or simply timecode cd?

A simple yes/no will suffice but any pointers will be greatfully recieved- i'm still somewhat green when it comes to this digital lark!

Yep. Just change the Deck types from Remix Decks to Track Decks.

Well, there's a little more configuration that needs to be done for MIDI control or DVS control, but you'll need to look that up for your tabletop CD players.

-KLH
    Last edited by KLH; 12-23-2013 at 09:42 AM.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    Yep. Just change the Deck types from Remix Decks to Track Decks.

Well, there's a little more configuration that needs to be done for MIDI control or DVS control, but you'll need to look that up for your tabletop CD players.

-KLH
    Excellent, i'll have a look later. I've seen a video how to set Trakto up for the 2900, I just wasn't sure if you could use 4 normal decks (within Traktor) and specifically have a split of 2 channels running DVS and one (or two) running normal midi.

Oh and I must also say, as someone who has only recently ventured into the digital side of DJing, the level of advice/help (not to mention the swiftness of responses) on this forum is simply incredible, big respect to KLH & all the others!

I do it for the great pay. Dollar dollar bills, y'all!

-KLH
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    I do it for the great pay. Dollar dollar bills, y'all!

-KLH

Here's the setting to change it to 4 decks, and I know you can pretty much map whatever other controllers you have to control decks C&D. Since you only have the SC2900, you can run 3 decks and 1 remix deck even. DVS on it you'll have to look up though since I'm not familiar, but if it's already midi capable over USB, should work without doing anything drastic. Just make sure you go into your mapping and set to "Focus" on deck C or D, whichever you choose, so the new controller isn't just just redundantly controlling deck A or B. Have fun!

That's brilliant thank you- rep'd!

I didn't get the chance to look last night so will be having a play this afternoon, got a small low-key xmas eve party tonight but would be good if I can get the 2900 playing nicely with Traktor with beforehand.