Thread: Uhh ohh I think my filter knob took a dump

Uhh ohh I think my filter knob took a dump

Hey guys, I own a A&H xone 42, and I was mixing then out of nowhere my filter knob stopped working. It does absolutely nothing. The filters still work, so im pretty sure its the knob. What are my options here to getting this fixed? I highly doubt I still have warranty.

Thanks
    http://soundcloud.com/armanb89

With no warranty, you have two options:

1. Pay somebody else to fix it
    2. Fix it yourself
    Click here for mixes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahatma Coat View Post
    I once DJ'd to a room of 500 Shoreditch hipsters using only my rigid cock and a empty jar of Marmite

If you feel confident with electronics its easy to test if its the knob or not. All you need is a DMM (digital multi-meter) and test the impedance on the pot as you rotate it, it should change.

If it IS the knob its simply a matter of soldering in a new one which any electronics tech should be able to do for a few bucks + cost of parts (or DIY if you know how to). A tech could prob diagnose it for you too.

make sure your 100% sure it is NOT under warranty before you do anything, because tinkering with it will defiantly void the warranty.

Im sure its outta warranty, ive owned it for over 2 years. Not to mention the A&H customer service has been complete crap for me. I just found out a local store does repairs, ill probably hit them up for the repair. I just don't know how much to expect? I don't want to get screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ ArmanB View Post
    Im sure its outta warranty, ive owned it for over 2 years. Not to mention the A&H customer service has been complete crap for me. I just found out a local store does repairs, ill probably hit them up for the repair. I just don't know how much to expect? I don't want to get screwed.
    Most electronics repair shops have an hourly shop rate of $70-85. Your best bet is to find a shop that specializes in audio gear.
    Click here for mixes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahatma Coat View Post
    I once DJ'd to a room of 500 Shoreditch hipsters using only my rigid cock and a empty jar of Marmite

Turns out the owner of this DJ shop is pretty cool, so he is willing to fix the knob just at the price of the knob itself. I guess im lucking out here. Its funny the shop is right down the street, and I never knew it existed 0_0.

I'd say you got hooked up, friend. What shop?

make sure you reciprocate and offer to buy said dude a six pack of his favorite brew or a bottle of whiskey or some such.