Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: American DJ Ruby Royal Red or American DJ Matrix Beam LED?

I was recently in the same dilemma. I purchased my first three decent lasers since september. My first purchase was a illegal chinese red green 4 aperture unit. while I was researching I stumbled across a mobile beat x-laser for $750. I purchased it at almost the same time as the chinese one. after I purchased it I then realized how powerful the pangolin software is for the "real" lasers compared to standalone or DMX. the comparison would be similar to using an Iphone to DJ with instead of "insert dream DJ setup here".

I also learned a few other things. virtually none of the people care about the cool designs and animations that can be displayed on a wall.
    People love the aerial stuff. to do aerial stuff you HAVE to keep the lasers out of peoples eyes.

The point of this story?
    I have hired myself to do laser shows at local events about 8 times since the purchases.
    I have used the chinese laser three times. each time it has been used, it was by fellow DJ's wanting to borrow/rent a light. I have not bothered plugging the illegal light in at a gig. it just doesnt compare. $200 down the drain. it works exactly as advertised, it is just very cheaply made and the laser is difficult to control and doesnt show up in the haze.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

How would the mobile beat x-laser work on sound active only? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by VJ LouNYC View Post
    How would the mobile beat x-laser work on sound active only? Just curious.
    Just like moving heads and any worthwhile DJ lights, it has its built in programs, but you're going to get the same old thing everytime.