Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the latest lights?

Quote Originally Posted by fueledbymusic View Post
    Oh your talking about those! Those look like something that been around for quite a while, unless it has the "new" kind led in it. In other words "An improved version light"

Edit: Yes I read it. It does say something about a new L.E.D vs the conventional L.E.Ds. So it's not like my current L.E.Ds DJ fixtures are out of date. They just have improved versions of them.
    I don't know how the other discussion went about your lights being out of date, but I am guessing they meant that your lights are out of trend. You are currently using numerous inexpensive effect lights and lasers.

I'm getting a little confused there myself.

I'm getting a little confused there myself.
    I assume you started asking about outdated lights because of this thread http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...active-via-DMX

I didnt see anyone insult your lights, or suggest you upgrade your led's
    what they suggested was that you stop recomending for people to buy outdated lights. you were mentioning specific lights to beginners, and there are much better options out there right now.
    as i mentioned, the lighting has changed dramatically in the last 3 years.

this doesnt mean your light show is outdated. if you and your customers are happy, then leave it as is.

but, there are cheaper, brighter, more interesting LED's available now, so why recomend the outdated models of LED's?
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by allensmusic View Post
    I assume you started asking about outdated lights because of this thread http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...active-via-DMX
    Yup, that's where I was getting confused.

I didnt see anyone insult your lights, or suggest you upgrade your led's
    what they suggested was that you stop recomending for people to buy outdated lights. you were mentioning specific lights to beginners, and there are much better options out there right now.
    as i mentioned, the lighting has changed dramatically in the last 3 years.

this doesnt mean your light show is outdated. if you and your customers are happy, then leave it as is.

but, there are cheaper, brighter, more interesting LED's available now, so why recomend the outdated models of LED's?
    Was I recommending? That's the thing. I was just posting examples. I was not actually recommending. I did not directly say "I recommend"
    I am not a professional DJ. It's a backyard hobby I love! In the garage. Numark ndx-500, American Audio 10 mxr , 4 BFM tuba 24s, EV ZLX 12p's, Truss full of lights. I STILL have all my equipment as of January 2023!

No worries. Lights are being upgraded fast, it's hard to keep up.

I can't wait until this is the standard for DJ par cans and I can actually afford them:

http://www.eternallighting.com/produ...#8482;-rgbwauv
    http://www.kpodj.com/blizzard-lighti...-exa-p-104128/

RGBAW+UV, Wireless DMX, and Battery powered!

Was I recommending? That's the thing. I was just posting examples. I was not actually recommending. I did not directly say "I recommend"
    yes, you did.

Quote Originally Posted by jz416 View Post

I'd like to faciliate all this through dmx, and therefore i need lights which have the ability to trigger sound active mode via dmx, which has been surprisingly hard to find.

Any suggestions?
    Colorstrips or colorstrip minis.
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by allensmusic View Post

What is an example of a cheaper brighter, more interesting L.E.D fixture? Cheaper in price obviously, right.

I upgraded my light rig last year. Went through a few changes. Had one idea in mind and it grew to a grand ultimate vision. Finally have everything I need now for

DJ: 2 setups
    Small band
    Full light show

Mainly LED, one set of fixture that are still halogen (Martin Minimac Profiles) it involved some planning, some adjustment of that plan as well. There's a combination of wash lights, spin & pukes and moving heads. All DMX control. Cases for everything.

I spent roughly $17k, but I should be good for awhile.

I still have some halogen lights in my show, and they are just fine.
    I certainly do not recommend, suggest, or mention the name of them here.

So my question is:

What replaces the colorstrips??