Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DJ Lighting - The Complete Evolving Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    UPDATE 05 Feb 2012 - Yup, I saved it from 1.0. Will update it in the next few months to include changes since I last wrote it out. Lets face it, some of this is painfully outdated.
    I'll be adding videos and pictures back on later.
    OH wow! Awesome job. I was actually able to find it also on archive.org (went looking for all our old stuck threads) but was hoping you'd come back and post it yourself!
    Fighting for Stripe's love.
    [Echoik] 5:05 pm: Stripe loves me too.
    [sol] 5:05 pm: he loves me more, lol
    [Echoik] 5:09 pm: Eh. I don't think DJ loves you more
    [Echoik] 5:09 pm: And I have 2 reasons
    [Echoik] 5:09 pm: They're called boobs. ...
    [Kevin James] 5:09 pm: lol @ clueless echo ...

Where do you reccomend buying black extention cords for lights on truss and to run some to my speakers(active). Ive been trying to find some of the heaviest gauge (12-14) but I cant find any besides on google shopping, and there insanely expensive. Suggestions? How big of a gauge should I look for? I was always taught the heaviest gauge I can buy.
    DJ Hoss
    Quote Originally Posted by JuxtaPoser View Post
    Red LEDs = SUPER AWESOME MODE: ENGAGED
    Make it work!!!!

Glad your back! and had this awesome info!

Quote Originally Posted by DJHoss View Post
    Where do you reccomend buying black extention cords for lights on truss and to run some to my speakers(active). Ive been trying to find some of the heaviest gauge (12-14) but I cant find any besides on google shopping, and there insanely expensive. Suggestions? How big of a gauge should I look for? I was always taught the heaviest gauge I can buy.
    Honestly, 12 gauge will work fine for up to 20 amps. If you're handy and have the know how, you can make your own cables for a bit cheaper and at the exact length you want from parts you can buy at Lowes. The biggest issue right now with price is that copper is insanely expensive at the moment, so there is no real cheap way to do it and get high quality cables.

Honestly, 12 gauge will work fine for up to 20 amps. If you're handy and have the know how, you can make your own cables for a bit cheaper and at the exact length you want from parts you can buy at Lowes. The biggest issue right now with price is that copper is insanely expensive at the moment, so there is no real cheap way to do it and get high quality cables.
    I got the power(know how). But, I heard somewhere that its illegal to make your own extension cables?
    Last edited by DJHoss; 03-14-2012 at 08:55 PM.
    DJ Hoss
    Make it work!!!!

Mystic, my old friend enjoy the rep. I love that you saved this guide.

Quote Originally Posted by DJHoss View Post
    I know how to, and my grandpa can back me up if I need it(he's an electrician). But, I heard somewhere that its illegal to make your own extension cables?
    Not illegal but certainly not recommended without the proper knowledge of how to do it properly because if you don't do it correctly and something happens, you become liable.

Repped all the awesome comments. Good to be back.

Props to you Mystic for backing up your lighting guide. It's good to have you around here

Not illegal but certainly not recommended without the proper knowledge of how to do it properly because if you don't do it correctly and something happens, you become liable.
    Certainly props, you have poured out a mad effort today posting massive amounts of useful information. Great job, especially on the evoloution of lighting thread, that was by far the most detailed thread I've ever seen on DJF.

Back to my cable issues, should I just go onto using a 100' 12 gauge homemade cord with quad sockets (2x2) at the end and a standard 115v male adaptor on the other? and same for the speakers, except independant cables for them and a single 2x1 socket on the end? Clueless. I'd love to save money wherever I can lol
    DJ Hoss
    Make it work!!!!