Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Thumbtack may or may not work for DJs.

will give it a look.

Ok, so after a few months on Thumbtack I've booked 2 gigs. I got both gigs to pay me more than there original budget price.

The problem with thumbtack is the DJ's who are bidding below the clients budget. Both clients that I booked parties for said that they received much lower offers offering a lot more. They thought it sounded strange and stayed away.

I am being much more selective when bidding.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMC View Post
    It really SUCKS in California.
    Just a bump but my friend uses this excursively for gigs. I am not sure how many of the 55 gigs he did in 2013 came from Thumbtack alone but most of them did. He lives near Magic Mountain (Canyon Country) and does gigs from Bakersfield down to San Diego.

I've recently booked 6 gigs from thumbtack. You need to be very selective and realistic on what your bidding on. I stay away from request with no budget.

There are a lot of low ball DJ's on there offering the world for a ham sandwich.

Question:
    I just got a request with no budget, so I replied with "Request an estimated budget" -- it charged me 5 credits!!? I didn't give a quote or any personal information, not to mention the budget isn't what I usually accept. Is there any way to get my credits back? I could've sworn you said at the it the first post that you could ask a question for everybody to see and it doesn't charge credits. I'm confused.
    Thanks

When you asked the question, did you tripe in the "submit quote" section? To ask an anonymous questions, it's in the bottom of page. Send them an email, they might refund you credit.

TT is a great tool for Dj's. shoot I have gotten more gigs this way than Craiglists.. It is a bummer to have to pay credits, but if you get $1,000 event, I think $20 bucks ain't bad to kill for those credits. Happy bidding y'all

Wow, their staff is super friendly. They looked at my "quote" and saw that I just asked for a budget. They refunded me 10 credits. I'm definitely going to keep using TT.

Lou, you're right, they told me it's at the bottom of the page - now I see it. What I don't like though is that it never said I was about to spend 5 credits. Wish there was like a confirmation page, like the first time I bid.

I have gotten 6-7 gigs from Thumbtack, 5 of them for $1000+. I even got on for $1800. I am a lot more selective in what I bid for.

I see everyone is paying a different amount of credits per quote. I guess it depends on where you live & the market area? I'm paying 5 credits to submit a quote.

I still have not booked a gig yet from TT. However, I dont bid on many either. Most budgets are something I wont even consider. I do understand that most peoples budget isnt set in stone but, I have submitted quotes over time & not gotten any gigs.
    Some other reasons I dont submit many quotes is out door events or it music that I dont wanna play &/or dont have the genres of music to play for the event.

Anyway, my question is, how many credits are you paying to submit a quote?
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php