Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Why Thumbtack may or may not work for DJs.

Quote Originally Posted by fatcatdj View Post
    I stopped using TT. It seems that all I was getting was...SOLELY TEXT MESSAGES LIKE>>>

" Do you take checks and where can I send it to?"
    "When is your wedding or event?"
    "My husband just wants to pay you first, how much is your service?"
    "Well I need to know what kind of event you are having and when"
    "Its says you have a $1200 package. That sounds good. What is your address?"

SCAM. I called the number from the texts and nobody ever answers.

Sad thing is that NOW I got 2 of those from wedding wire last month. BLEH! SCAMMERS
    Now the next time I get a text like that I'm going to say I ACCEPT CASH ONLY.
    Ive been telling scammers I only accept gold bars.

Well, as of today, I am done with TT. It has absolutely gone from bad to worse. I have never seen a business continually get worse & worse. I didnt think they could get worse but.... I was wrong.

So long TT....
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

I was curious, so I signed up for TT a few weeks back, bought the $10 pack that gave me like $15 in credits or something like that, I have $11 left and if I can ever burn thru that I will be done with TT .

I actually tried to use TT as an end user... lol wow... got 3 quotes for some house repairs...

one refused to sign a contract & didn't have insurance;

another claimed to be registered with the state & insured - but was not and their fb reviews all said they left jobs undone;

another claimed to be registered, had insurance, ALMOST had us... checked his facebook reviews... EVERY review he had except 2 said he was a thief & didn't do the work... the 2 good reviews he had? one was him and the other was his wife... sigh...

ALL OF THEM underbid Lowe's contractors by about $10,000 ... You get what you pay for...
    - jj -

I am really starting to not like any of the you gotta pay to get lead sites , its sucks being me right now

I have accounts with a few "pay for lead" type services. Eventective is one & its designed to work like it should. A client posts their info, I get the basic info about it & decide if I want it or not. I pay $2 for the lead & get the full info provided by the client. I contact the client & we discuss the event in detail & I provide a quote based on their complete, overall needs.

With TT, the client posts info, I pay a ridiculous amount like $8 - $15 and provide:
    The basic cost
    travel fees &
    the total cost for the complete lead.
    You cant even buy the lead, until you provide a price. That makes no sense. And yes, they have 3 lines. Base fee, travel fee & total cost..... before you even talk to the client. I, personally, cant quote a gig if I dont know the specific details & what the client needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dix View Post
    I have accounts with a few "pay for lead" type services. Eventective is one & its designed to work like it should. A client posts their info, I get the basic info about it & decide if I want it or not. I pay $2 for the lead & get the full info provided by the client. I contact the client & we discuss the event in detail & I provide a quote based on their complete, overall needs.

With TT, the client posts info, I pay a ridiculous amount like $8 - $15 and provide:
    The basic cost
    travel fees &
    the total cost for the complete lead.
    You cant even buy the lead, until you provide a price. That makes no sense. And yes, they have 3 lines. Base fee, travel fee & total cost..... before you even talk to the client. I, personally, cant quote a gig if I dont know the specific details & what the client needs.
    Eventective , I like this one for most part, $2.50 per lead is not bad.

I am not sure what TT you are using, but the one I have been using , I look at the lead info, I click send quote, type a number and press send.

Its recently changed. The last one I got a couple of days ago, had three things to price as stated above. Again, its just gotten worse & worse.

Because of this thread I just used TT to hire a dj for my company Xmas party.. I had three days to find someone so it seemed like the best option. It worked out OK.. TT itself is an annoying system and the guy I got was not great.. He was a nice guy tho got the job done and looked pro enough. He promised he was bringing a sub but his sub was a third speaker on the floor... But since it was a real possibility that we'd have no dj at all, nobody complained. But yea I wouldn't use TT again unless I was.desperate again.

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    He promised he was bringing a sub but his sub was a third speaker on the floor...
    Oh lord, I spit water out of my mouth after I read that
    .."You can NEVER go too far"---Ferris Bueller