Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Headphone Thread

I was going to get an Ultrasone DJ1 Pro for $220 + tax but I found a brand new HDJ-2000 for $250 shipped to my door so I'll be getting it in a few days!

Good choice. I don't own, but I've used the Pioneer 2000's, and they're quite nice for DJing, or just listening to music.

It pains me to say this, and you'll look like a tool, but have you tried any of the Beats by Dre? They seem to be EQed more toward bass reproduction.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nada View Post
    Good choice. I don't own, but I've used the Pioneer 2000's, and they're quite nice for DJing, or just listening to music.

It pains me to say this, and you'll look like a tool, but have you tried any of the Beats by Dre? They seem to be EQed more toward bass reproduction.
    Thanks man, I just got my headphones a few hours ago and WOW am I ever disappointed. These do not live up to the hype about them and are wayyyyyyyy overrated! I can proudly say my $70 Sony MDR-ZX600 headphones are louder, have more clarity and more low end than the HDJ-2000's. I assure you that they're not fakes because I got them off of bhphotovideo.com.

I think I'll try the Ultrasones next because of all the good review. The Beats are better than the HDJ's IMO but not worth the price.

the sennheiser mentioned earlier is a really good headphone
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by allensmusic View Post
    the sennheiser mentioned earlier is a really good headphone
    How are they bass wise?

I used Audio Technica ATH-M40fs's for about 20 years, then tried several cheapie sets before I got the hd25's. I havent tried most of the ones you listed, but the sennheisers are better than the ath40 and ath50, in my opinion.
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by baller95 View Post
    How are they bass wise?
    Much better than the DJ1 Pros. I own both. The Ultrasone DJ1 Pros will distort when you turn up the volume to compensate for the club. HD25s don't.

Just my experience.

Thanks guys. I have heard that the HD25 II are great headphones too. Now I don't know what to get and what review to trust. I wish I could try these headphones out before purchasing them!

There's got to be shops around Toronto that carry Senns and 2000s. Call around dude.

read reviews on forums like this, and not reviews on the sites that sell them