Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Numark Mixdeck?!?!?! Good for first set up? Open to suggestions.

Hybrid View

Numark Mixdeck?!?!?! Good for first set up? Open to suggestions.

So I have been looking into getting my first set up for about 4 months now. I really feel that I have educated my self well in whats out their (but still have a lot to learn).

The deck that has real caught my eye is the NuMark Mixdeck. I Like that it has USB/CDJ/IPOD interfaces, and some packages come with versions of Serato or Virtual DJ.

Let me be clear in the fact that, right now this is just a hobby, but I would like a set up that I'm not going to grow out of in one year.

Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated!!

-TC

What you start with doesn't matter as much as how you master it. You'll find that there's affordable setups and then decent setups. The price of the latter is significantly more.

-KLH
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

So are you saying I should look into something cheaper? I do agree in the fact that you can buy whatever you want as long as you commit to what you buy. I just don't want to get in over my head.

The mix deck is a really good starting setup. It does everything that a beginner would need to do very well and more. Like KLH said it doesn't matter what you get just master it and then move onto something that will help you progress even more or start with a controller that will be everything that you would need. I did it in steps just so I could learn at my own pace and not be overwhelmed by trying to learn so much at once

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    So are you saying I should look into something cheaper?
    Uhhh... no. I'm saying that you'll likely outgrow your first setup because learning the basics opens your eyes to what is possible- something you can't see now.

Don't get bogged down with getting a perfect setup. Just buy what appeals to you and master it. It really doesn't matter what you buy as a first setup.

For me, I bought the Xponent and loved it. I knew I was ready for another setup when I understood where the limitations impacted my performance. I then sold it and bought an NS7FX.

Put your effort into mastering what's possible and just about any equipment will do... for awhile.

-KLH
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    Uhhh... no. I'm saying that you'll likely outgrow your first setup because learning the basics opens your eyes to what is possible- something you can't see now.
    -KLH
    I agree. Getting your first setup will help you figure out what you want and don't want in DJ gear so when you upgrade, you will end up with something perfect. The Mixdeck is the perfect way to start.

Sweet thanks guys. That was the input I was looking for!

I have a mint condition mixdeck that im selling, with the black label flight case, PM me if your interested.

I bought (and still have) my Mixdeck and I don't like it much at all. Yes it has lots of interface capabilities but as a beginner it is quite hard to "master" the looping technique and cueing. Having researched almost every other console remotely close to this one, I found that the Numark NS6 is 10 times more advanced yet way more user friendly and even easier to loop/cue/sample which makes me wonder why the Mixdeck is even for beginners. I am selling my whole set up as I have outgrown my Mixdeck and looking to get the NS6. Just my $0.02

Are you really gonna be using CDs? If not, and since you plan on using VDJ, you might as well just get a controller. Yea the ipod thing is cool if a friend of your comes over and says he i got this song why dont you mix it. How often does that really happen though.

Unless you are getting a very good price on the Mixdeck ($400), id say just go with a controller.
    Oh whats that you say? You wanna out check my soundcloud?