Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cables from monoprice?

You have to buy Monster brand for HDMI cables! lol j/k

I get my HDMI cables from Monoprice and they work fine. I have a few XLR cables and RCAs from them.

I've picked up some XLR cables, as well as XLR-1/4" adapters. All of those have been great, although I don't expect that pretty chrome finish to last long on the road.

I've also picked up some of their 3' speakon cables. I was pleasantly surprised with them. I expected some real crap based on reviews but they were so cheap I had to try. Reviews mentioned problems like cut wires inside the connectors and shorts, and bad soldering. Mine were nothing like that. Mine were fully screw-terminal inside. There were some stray strands of wire but nothing close to shorting anything.

So yeah, I'd buy more again.

Quote Originally Posted by 0x15e View Post
    I've picked up some XLR cables, as well as XLR-1/4" adapters. All of those have been great, although I don't expect that pretty chrome finish to last long on the road.

I've also picked up some of their 3' speakon cables. I was pleasantly surprised with them. I expected some real crap based on reviews but they were so cheap I had to try. Reviews mentioned problems like cut wires inside the connectors and shorts, and bad soldering. Mine were nothing like that. Mine were fully screw-terminal inside. There were some stray strands of wire but nothing close to shorting anything.

So yeah, I'd buy more again.
    I'm fairly certain speakons are all no-solder. Sounds like some posting bogus reviews to me.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Elon_Musk
    Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ampnation View Post
    I'm fairly certain speakons are all no-solder. Sounds like some posting bogus reviews to me.
    I think that's a recent development. The old all plastic NL2FC connectors (used on GC's Live Wire cables) at least used to be solder-terminal. I've built cables with those before so I know they exist. Whether they're in common use anymore, I couldn't tell you.

Monoprice HDMI should be okay. I use them for my TVs and projector. I don't recommend the XLR cables. I used them for a short period of time and I replaced them all. I could be picky but they definitely not up to my expectation in my opinion.
    Last edited by newbie; 03-04-2014 at 12:09 AM.