Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Quick and Easy way to video record your dj set

I recorded something on YouTube a few days back and notice a bit of delay. Picture n sound wise.

That has happened to me too. I synced up the audio and video on my computer, and then when it posted on youtube, the audio was out of sync.

I managed to record a vid ages ago using iMovie using my cam and line in. Worked perfectly but I can't for the life of me get it to pick up the line in again.
    From what I can gather if you use something online ie: YouTube or ustream you'll likely have delays. But if it's through a dedicated program it should work better. I also found the picture quality wasn't great when using YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabbitMonk View Post
    I recorded something on YouTube a few days back and notice a bit of delay. Picture n sound wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panotaker View Post
    That has happened to me too. I synced up the audio and video on my computer, and then when it posted on youtube, the audio was out of sync.
    That used to be pretty common with YouTube, at least 10% of uploads.
    (I'm guessing it's probably less than 1% now.)

Just delete the video & re-upload it, that will usually fix it.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

just got this hooked up, this is a peak test, did another -2, gonna split them and record on -1
    but for live gigs how bad is this setup?

boom stand, kodak zi8 camcorder, behringer mini phantom power supply, MXL V67G condensor mic

I'm looking at doing this in the next couple if weeks, but have a few questions

Firstly, I will be using serato scratch live 3 and my MacBook with my vestax pmc05 pro iv.
    The main thing I think I have picked up in is that I need to get a cable from my booth out on my mixer to mic In on the web cam. My issue with this is that I like using my booth out for my monitors

Can I not use my aux out from my mixer into mic in?
    Or can I not just use the recording capability that serato already has?

And secondly, is it easy to sync the video to the audio?

Lastly, how do you know what tracks you can play without copyright infringement. I would hate to go through the trouble of recording a mix, editing it then uploading it only to be told later that I'm not allowed to post it

Thanks Jaydon! This is a huge help

Love your setup

My old GoPro recently died so looking at new recording options. Has anyone had any experience with some of the cheaper GoPro alternatives like those listed here? Or any other cheap and easy options that don't require a laptop/webcam?