Thread: MC Dropped Mic...

MC Dropped Mic...

Had a drunkin MC drop my Line6 wireless mic about 2 weeks ago slight crack in the plastic but kept going strong. Last weekends gig with limited mic use worked awesome but last night I noticed digital feedback sounds I've never heard 4 or 5 times in the speeches part of the evening seemed to worsen when the mic was moved around or shaken. My question now is Do I replace it with another line6 mic I've had no issues with my current or is there something better that I can do. Taking a trip on friday to pick something up and have pretty much every brand open. Would like to stay under 600.

Woah that sucks man. Have you got ahold if him at all?

Get ahold of him and hold him accountable if you can. Otherwise, Line6 is a good brand, but Shure and Sennheiser are proven.

I picked up a 300 dollar tip from the gig and the mic was 350 two years ago so I called it even haha. I'm pretty sure I'll stay with the line6 brand I've had great luck just wondering if anyone has a blow me away story of a different mic.

Check Line 6 website for rebates. They just offered $100 back last month.

I also read on another forum of guys installing a different mic head on the Line 6 receiver. They used the Heil RC 35. Feedback had been positive from what I've read but it's pricey.
    www.823entertainment.com
    Your Celebration....Your Way

I'm really looking into the Shure BLX Series ... With the Dual Receiver and a pair of the SM58 beta mics.

Was it an MC or an Emcee?

Quote Originally Posted by Robdogg View Post
    I'm really looking into the Shure BLX Series ... With the Dual Receiver and a pair of the SM58 beta mics.
    Sorry to hear about the busted mic.
    Sounds like you got the XD30 model. It's not a bad mic, but the XD75 is far superior. Sound quality and ruggedness are both better in the '75s. I think it compares well to anything shure puts out at that price range. The BLX series is quite new, and doesn't have the proven track record of the Line6. On the other hand, shure has the brand recognition, and the dual receiver in one rack space is really handy if you're only using two mics. The Line6 provides the same features, but you have to assemble it yourself.