Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you guys think about this setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew B View Post
    Yeah, don't get a coffin unless you have someone to help you move it.

edit: I just saw that you're referring to a CDJ coffin. I was referring to one for 1200s. Dunno how heavy a CDJ one would be.
    Yeah... I love the clean lines, but the weight is what makes me dread getting a coffin.

Those 1200's are heavy enough. Take a heavy, awkward coffin, add two hefty 1200's, and a chunky Rane mixer, plus 10 pounds of cables and accessories... It probably ends up at, what? 70 pounds?

Sometimes, my lower back acts up, and I have a hard time getting myself in and out of the vehicle. My lower back hurts just thinking about having to lift a "boat anchor" in and out of the vehicle, not to mention hoisting it up and down on the stand by myself.

I would love the 10 minute set up / tear down, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbdo View Post
    Yeah... I love the clean lines, but the weight is what makes me dread getting a coffin.

Those 1200's are heavy enough. Take a heavy, awkward coffin, add two hefty 1200's, and a chunky Rane mixer, plus 10 pounds of cables and accessories... It probably ends up at, what? 70 pounds?

Sometimes, my lower back acts up, and I have a hard time getting myself in and out of the vehicle. My lower back hurts just thinking about having to lift a "boat anchor" in and out of the vehicle, not to mention hoisting it up and down on the stand by myself.

I would love the 10 minute set up / tear down, though.
    Eek, good luck running even a small PA system then if a coffin is your biggest worry.

FWIW I've had back surgery 3 times, I know it sucks but a coffin is the least of my worries.

Quote Originally Posted by DJzrule View Post
    Eek, good luck running even a small PA system then if a coffin is your biggest worry.

FWIW I've had back surgery 3 times, I know it sucks but a coffin is the least of my worries.
    I use all powered QSC speakers, Technics in individual flight cases, and a Rock-n-Roller cart, so most of my stuff is easily portable, and is also in small "bite size" chunks. I think the heaviest bit of kit that I have is the KW181, which is probably 70-80 pounds. But, it has wheels, and I can push it in/out of the minivan, and roll right onto the cart. I don't really have to lift it.

I just don't know if I could do the same with a coffin, as even if I slide it out of the van, I would still have to lift it up on to the stand. The sub stays down on the floor... where I would like to lay sometimes.

IDK, maybe there is a way to "tip" the coffin up, onto the stand? I'm tall (6'4"), so I need the stand/table to be fairly high. I would love to try messing around with a loaded coffin (when my back is happy), just to get a feel for it. I would hate to buy one, then not like it.

I could just ask if anyone help me get this thing up?

No, I mean can anyone help with this DJ equipment?

I know this isn't a coffin thread....But I just think they are so Purdy!!
    Last edited by iammongo; 10-24-2013 at 10:36 AM.
    http://soundcloud.com/xtremesound/old-school-1
    In a mood for the 80's Lately!

^^

Dem is purdy!