Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your System

Oh WoW! that's a monster of a JBL rig.+1...can you tell us more,about it? I'm curious to learn how you are pushing them(Amps?)...EDIT;just saw spec's in your signature,still would like to hear more.
    Last edited by DennisBdrmDJ 2.0; 04-18-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisBdrmDJ 2.0 View Post
    Oh WoW! that's a monster of a JBL rig.+1...can you tell us more,about it? I'm curious to learn how you are pushing them(Amps?)...EDIT;just saw spec's in your signature,still would like to hear more.
    Yes I'm mildly interested too because I didn't know JBL had a line array..

Quote Originally Posted by Paris McBryde View Post

That is a serious professional rig major props.......
    " Mr. Nichols Just A Guy Who Plays Music"

Listen To Good Tunes..Play Good Tunes..Spin The Tunes They Wanna Hear

Quote Originally Posted by DennisBdrmDJ 2.0 View Post
    JBL-VRX932LAP TOPS X 4
    JBL-VRX918SP SUBS X 6
    DriveRack-PA2 + IPAD REMOTE
    QSC TOUCHMIX-16

The entire system is active so no amp racks required.
    The system is virtually plug and play as the processing, crossover and protection are all internal.
    While the system may be designed as "plug-and-play", I do use a driverack PA2 for processing and a QSC TOUCHMIX-16 as it does need eqing on the tops when played that high-volume.
    The system is generally crossedover between 80 and 90 Hz depending on music style and venue.
    There is a total of 10 speakers requiring 6 Amps each so I need 4 dedicated 20 amp circuits in order to push the system safely to max.
    The tops and subs are limited just below peeking/clipping with the driverack PA2 so they never see red.
    The JBL-VRX932LAP tops are crazy loud so you need a ratio of 2-3 subs vs 1 top depending on your preference.
    The system is flyable but I only ground stack at this time.
    This system will easily cover 600 to 700 people at club volume or 1500+ at a wedding DJ volume.
    The last time I measured the system outdoors I was capable of getting 106dB at 100 feet without any clipping.
    The tops are 50 pounds while the subs are 85 pounds so this entire system can easily be moved and set up by one person.
    I DJ hip-hop R&B reggae dancehall house soca merengue salsa & System rentals.
    I'm from New York city and I tend to play for urban crowds who like their music very loud and bass heavy.
    Last edited by Paris McBryde; 04-19-2018 at 11:42 PM.
    Tech1200s & 1210 pioneer cdj1000, DDJ-sx2,vci-300, serato itch ssl sdj, rane sl1 57 62, RCF-745's qsc k12 jbl-vrx918sp, JBL-VRX932LAP, DriveRack-PA2, Macbook pro+windows 7, Macbook Air Ipad,benQ-mx620st Projector,JBL-VRXhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFAQ0GZu_P8

Quote Originally Posted by efinque View Post
    Yes I'm mildly interested too because I didn't know JBL had a line array..
    The VRX line has been popular for a very long time. I'm pretty sure it predates the PRX line.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

With the subs (& tops) stacked like that. It looks like an audiophile's speaker pair. But at over $20,000 for six subs & four tops, they do have an audiophile's price tag.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

JBL-VRX932LAP TOPS X 4
    JBL-VRX918SP SUBS X 6
    DriveRack-PA2 + IPAD REMOTE
    QSC TOUCHMIX-16

The system is virtually plug and play as the processing, crossover and protection are all internal.
    While the system may be designed as "plug-and-play", I do use a driverack PA2 for processing and a QSC TOUCHMIX-16 as it does need eqing on the tops when played that high-volume.
    The system is generally crossedover between 80 and 90 Hz depending on music style and venue.
    There is a total of 10 speakers requiring 6 Amps each so I need 4 dedicated 20 amp circuits in order to push the system safely to max.
    The tops and subs are limited just below peeking/clipping with the driverack PA2 so they never see red.
    The JBL-VRX932LAP tops are crazy loud so you need a ratio of 2-3 subs vs 1 top depending on your preference.
    The system is flyable but I only ground stack at this time.
    This system will easily cover 600 to 700 people at club volume or 1500+ at a wedding DJ volume.
    The last time I measured the system outdoors I was capable of getting 106dB at 100 feet without any clipping.
    The tops are 50 pounds while the subs are 85 pounds so this entire system can easily be moved and set up by one person.
    I DJ hip-hop R&B reggae dancehall house soca merengue salsa & System rentals.
    I'm from New York city and I tend to play for urban crowds who like their music very loud and bass heavy.
    very very impressive specs,.thanks, for taking the time,to breaking it down for me

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    With the subs (& tops) stacked like that. It looks like an audiophile's speaker pair. But at over $20,000 for six subs & four tops, they do have an audiophile's price tag.
    yeah,.wasn't thinking about the price tag,until you mention it,.it's not in my league...all of a sudden,i feel as if my own rig,is of "Fisher-Price" quality, comparily speaking.

A, C, or unweighted?

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    A, C, or unweighted?
    C weighting.
    Tech1200s & 1210 pioneer cdj1000, DDJ-sx2,vci-300, serato itch ssl sdj, rane sl1 57 62, RCF-745's qsc k12 jbl-vrx918sp, JBL-VRX932LAP, DriveRack-PA2, Macbook pro+windows 7, Macbook Air Ipad,benQ-mx620st Projector,JBL-VRXhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFAQ0GZu_P8

I think it's time I retired my old Driverack PA or at least relegate it to my garage system & pick up a Driverack PA2. About to make a "small" return to once again having my own system for small crowds (150 max, 50 - 75 on average for back yard bashes) since I recently came across a great deal on a pair of powered tops (wouldn't of been my first choice but the price was just too good for mint speakers), saving up for the subs now. Have been using my Driverack PA when using other peoples systems to replace their old analog crossovers in conjunction with BBE or Kosmos type effects (typical setup used here & I REALLY hate gimmick processors). I like the remote connectivity of the Driverack PA2 as well as the better processing power over the first gen so I am considering picking up a DBX Driverack PA2.

Is the auto room EQ still a touch & go feature that you're better off just tuning by ear or have they improved on the feature?
    Are the limiters aggressive or are they not really noticable?
    Does the AFS still leave holes in the frequency response when engaged?
    Are you using a full router solution or a simple AP to link to your tablet/laptop?
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta