Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your System

Did you end up spreading out your tops as well?
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Comb-filter heaven the way he has it set up.
    Raising the bar...
    http://www.channelliveproductions.com/
    Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

Quote Originally Posted by Al Poulin View Post
    Are those Carvin TRX 153s? (not sure about the model # but I'm just guessing here)

Al
    Yes they are the Carvin TRX 153s. Spot on Al

Only Used 1 top. (mono) 1 was sufficient for the venue size

Quote Originally Posted by GaFFLe View Post
    THose 3-way tops look nice. What kind of subs are those? I'd take a can of black spray paint to the subs. I've read that those Crown XS amps pack a nice punch but I forgot why they were discontinued.
    Thanks Gaffle... The subs are JBL SRX 4719A replicas. They are loaded with RCF L18P300s. They were just painted in this pic. The grey behind the grill is from the foam which I did spray shortly after looking at this pic last week. And I definitely like the XS amps. I dont know why they were discontinued but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by GaFFLe View Post
    Just picked up a third Danly TH-118. Many thanks to T&K Pro Audio out of Bardstown, Kentucky for the great price! At their price, I'll be picking up a 4th sub by summertime.

You're going to have to join the X-Array party soon!

I have a pair of EV X-Array 1122 speakers and they can blow the roof off of any small to medium sized venue you put them in. I got em for $450 each, too...

I'll try to get some pictures of them up soon.

Thread bump.
    I got my amp rack totally kitted out and loaded up today. Fitted good rubber wheels to the rack and I was easily able to move 150 pounds of amps effortlessly to take these photos.

Yes, that's a 30 amp plug on top. An L14-30 that is broken down for rack power in a rack mounted distro in the top, since those Peavey CS800s like to draw heavy on the AC Power. If you run it hard enough, that old-ish Pyramid amp just below the distro can pull semi-hard on the AC...
    Last edited by djscrizzle; 05-03-2012 at 12:33 AM. Reason: FB Pics didnt showup. Re-upped pics to be hosted elsewhere.
    Been in this CRAZY art since 2003, Deep in the 719!
    Check out BPMPROCOLO online at: www.bpmproductionsofcolorado.com

Quote Originally Posted by djscrizzle View Post

those Peavey CS800s like to draw heavy on the AC Power. If you run it hard enough, that old-ish Pyramid amp just below the distro can pull semi-hard on the AC...
    If there was a pro audio hall of fame, the original Peavey CS line of power amps would for show be a main feature there, one of the most reliable amps ever made (but HEAVY in comparison to their rated power). I pulled an old Peavey CS400 out of a land fill (after it had been sitting half way buried for a couple days while it had been exposed to the rain & elements) from when the American military base had pulled out back in 1995, it worked flawless for years (I used it for my C rig made up of scrap gear back in the mid 90's but I do remember how clean the system sounded & fooled a lot of people who had based the system on looks alone.) that that I used to just practice on or for real rough gigs) I ended up selling it once I no longer had any use for it & the new owner had it for years without issue with my seeing it still in action about six years ago.

The amp racks as well as coffin where back yard home brew creations of the time.
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

If there was a pro audio hall of fame, the original Peavey CS line of power amps would for show be a main feature there, one of the most reliable amps ever made (but HEAVY in comparison to their rated power). I pulled an old Peavey CS400 out of a land fill (after it had been sitting half way buried for a couple days while it had been exposed to the rain & elements) from when the American military base had pulled out back in 1995, it worked flawless for years (I used it for my C rig made up of scrap gear back in the mid 90's but I do remember how clean the system sounded & fooled a lot of people who had based the system on looks alone.) that that I used to just practice on or for real rough gigs) I ended up selling it once I no longer had any use for it & the new owner had it for years without issue with my seeing it still in action about six years ago.

The amp racks as well as coffin where back yard home brew creations of the time.
    I haven't seen a better (older model) amp for pushing older subs... Those CS800s and 1200s have BALLS. Also pretty easy to repair, with fairly simple circuits and many of the parts aren't hard to find or substitute; lots of repair and modding info online too.
    Been in this CRAZY art since 2003, Deep in the 719!
    Check out BPMPROCOLO online at: www.bpmproductionsofcolorado.com

Over all I am not a huge Peavey fan (don't hate them, it's just they're inconsistent with the products they release) but when Peavey got certain products right they really nailed it & the CS line sure was one of their greats.