Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960

Thread: Post Your System

Quote Originally Posted by deejaybman View Post
    It’s been a while but, here we are. Got rid of my 6 orbit shifters for 4 Cap 218’s and 2 Noesis 212TX tops. Still repping JTR https://www.instagram.com/p/CBniIAyn...d=jtjv47aerw5c
    Long time. Not checking the specs... what did this move do for you? Lower bass response per box? Less foot print? Lighter carry weight? I'm noticing more DJ's go the Cap 218 route as oppose to the OS'es these days.

From my past experience, bass-reflex type subs seemed to lack the perceive bass "throw" in comparison to the horn-type design of an OS or the like. Are you glad you made the move?
    Raising the bar...
    http://www.channelliveproductions.com/
    Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

Quote Originally Posted by GaFFLe View Post
    Long time. Not checking the specs... what did this move do for you? Lower bass response per box? Less foot print? Lighter carry weight? I'm noticing more DJ's go the Cap 218 route as oppose to the OS'es these days.

From my past experience, bass-reflex type subs seemed to lack the perceive bass "throw" in comparison to the horn-type design of an OS or the like. Are you glad you made the move?
    I’m glad I made the move. I traded “throw” for lower frequency response and convenience. They’re powered and these cabinets don’t “walk” unlike my OS’s which were the 1st generation ones. The weight is still the same but the “original” Cap’s are heavier because the weight is in the front unlike the OS where the weight was in the center of the cabinet. The new Caps are about 15 pounds lighter with the neo woofers.