Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adding lighting to deckstand

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    Forgot to mention, LEDs don't give off any heat (although the power supply does, but that doesn't have to be near the vinyl).
    Not true. LED's most certainly do give off heat. Just not much for small ones.... You should see the heat sync on the 60W LED's in my moving heads... but it's MUCH less heat then a lamp!

That's where the whole efficiency thing comes in... more of the energy is converted to light, and less to heat. But until they are 100% efficient, they do give off some heat
    "Oooh look at me.... I wrote the Internet!"

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    Mine run off the mains using a bog standard 12V adapter that plugs into the mains socket.

That ikea thing will probably be fine, but they don't give any useful ifo on their site. Even the 24 page instructions don't say feck all. I hate ikea so much
    Very annoying I have been trying to get some info on them but as you say not much on their site. I've been having a look at these ones on eBay and am considering sticking one on the top of each of the top shelves.

http://bit.ly/GTY3PR

And then a larger one across the back of the stand.

Like the look of these as they also come with a remote.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruel View Post
    Not true. LED's most certainly do give off heat. Just not much for small ones.... You should see the heat sync on the 60W LED's in my moving heads... but it's MUCH less heat then a lamp!

That's where the whole efficiency thing comes in... more of the energy is converted to light, and less to heat. But until they are 100% efficient, they do give off some heat
    So could they be located directly above vinyl and cause no damage? If I stick them above the vinyl the LEDs will be around a cm or two away from the selves. I've seem other do it but I've got some rare stuff and don't want to take any risks just for a bit of light.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruel View Post
    Not true. LED's most certainly do give off heat. Just not much for small ones....
    Never thought of it that way, thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by webba23 View Post
    So could they be located directly above vinyl and cause no damage? If I stick them above the vinyl the LEDs will be around a cm or two away from the selves. I've seem other do it but I've got some rare stuff and don't want to take any risks just for a bit of light.
    Yes they will be fine.
    www.dnbradio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger
    He's just like me, only he's a man and more stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Era 7 View Post
    i've used el cheapo ikea LED strips to light up my setup works like a charm though.
    Do you have and pics?