Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lol, this be why sync and noobs shouldn't mix!

Cool Lol, this be why sync and noobs shouldn't mix!

Yep another sync thread! Now I'm a 38 year old dinosaur (raaawr lol) DJ, full of bitterness and hate towards
    anyone who's had it easier than me (that includes anyone who had the internet for DJ videos ).

So what I saw over the weekend filled me with dark side delight. Having finished my 5 hour set, painful because it was near empty due to Freshers week and the club doing no advertising.

I went to the really late opening club to drown my sorrows, ended up in the DnB room. Now all but one room in this multi room club are small, this one was pretty packed (40 people),

There were three people behind the decks, two of them doing relentless jesus posing, the other (the DJ lol) was gazing into a laptop with an intensity as if he was doing life saving exponential equations.

I sneered so hard when I saw the beats by DRE headphones, round his neck, I sneered even harder when I heard him transition without even using them.

Still the room was packed he must be doing something right, ya de ya de ya.

Also it sounded to me he was mixing tracks from other mixes too, not that I haven't done that either, thought I'd mention it for the record.

Then it happened, my obviously superior senses detected stray elements in the mix!

He wasn't in phase, or he was off beat, my black beating heart soared as I knew there was going to be trouble!

Now to cut down on typing we are going to use acronyms

Because He Is A Sync Dependant Wannabe - BHIASDW

And

If He Had Learned Properly On Real Decks, Without BPM Counters And Sync - IHHLPORDWBCAS

Got that? OK.

Now BHIASDW he hadn't listened in the headphones, he just took it for granted that matching up the pretty waveforms would do, but those pretty waveforms were lying to him .

Now as more elements of the incoming track came in it became obvious to everyone that something was off.

Now IHHLPORDWBCAS he wouldn't have committed to the mix before he knew everything was good, he could have then cut out the incoming track.

Now IHHLPORDWBCAS he would have known there was a zero chance of him fixing this problem live, but BHIASDW he just stared harder at his screen trying out software solutions.

It was now trainwreck city, some people had stopped dancing, some just carried on (must wonder how they perceive music lol) and I was amazed at the lack of abuse (back in my day, trainwreck, keep it in and get vocal abuse in seconds).

His mates are now helping, all three staring into the screen pressing buttons.

IHHLPORDWBCAS he might have mitigated the disaster with the EQ, removing the trouble elements out of the mix, but no, both tracks at full volume.

People are standing around, or leaving, I mean this went on for about a minute, but some were oblivious.

Then finally the mix was over and the track drops, big cheer, dancing starts again and up go the jesus posing hands in the booth and BHIASDW whose eyes had never strayed from the screen, he just carried on. Without a trace of the soul searing shame he should have felt IHHLPORDWBCAS.

I was just about to order a strong haterade with vodka, when I came to a shocking realisation, the last two controller using DJs I've seen hadn't even bothered to use sync.

The mild props and dues I then had to give spoiled my drink, I left for home to cry myself to sleep

Now listen younglings the above is but one of the many reasons, that noobs can't see, why us older heads recommend you walk before you go syncing decks.

You could go for months without this happening and then all of a sudden your rep is ruined forever.

Peace out!

We are living in a brave new world my friend.
    Once you're in the gutter, you may as well stay in the gutter - Dublin taxi driver

Soundcloud sounds

That is one way of looking at it lol.

Maybe I should have admired his balls?

I wish there was a device that can block Sync at any public venue.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ ATX View Post
    I wish there was a device that can block Sync at any public venue.
    Yeah it's called IQ (Integrity&Quality control)

You should have pointed and laughed in his face.
    www.londontechnoblog.com / www.soundcloud.com/adam-bloy #TeamIdiot
    Cpl. Josh Ray Person:
    "There are layers of retardation people don't even know about"

Hur Dur....stupid SYNC, ruining everything.
    If you aint havin fun you aint havin nothin. http://www.facebook.com/fat8ack
    http://soundcloud.com/fat8ack

MIK should also be banned
    www.londontechnoblog.com / www.soundcloud.com/adam-bloy #TeamIdiot
    Cpl. Josh Ray Person:
    "There are layers of retardation people don't even know about"

I dont understand why these guys are not just using mixmeister.......
    If you aint havin fun you aint havin nothin. http://www.facebook.com/fat8ack
    http://soundcloud.com/fat8ack

Quote Originally Posted by Adzm00 View Post
    You should have pointed and laughed in his face.
    That would be against the DJ ethos I think

Quote Originally Posted by Adzm00 View Post
    MIK should also be banned
    If he had loudly keyclashed and I had gone over to see that all his mp3s where camelot tagged and then checked his "all programs" and found MIK then you might have had some kind of point. But as that didn't happen it; just means you are one big smelly TROLL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fat8ack View Post
    I dont understand why these guys are not just using mixmeister.......
    And I don't understand how the above wouldn't have happened if they were. But I do not know the Mixmeister, please explain.