Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone! I'm learning to DJ and just starting out so any help is appreciated.

Hi everyone! I'm learning to DJ and just starting out so any help is appreciated.

I've chosen the DJ name Kronotrope. I'm just a regular dude attempting to learn the art of DJ-ing.

Any help is appreciated!

Please follow me on twitter! I've made a twitter account in order to reach out to more people!

@Kronotrope

Thank you!
    Last edited by Kronotrope; 01-20-2014 at 04:41 AM. Reason: twitter was wrong.

Help with what?
    Once you're in the gutter, you may as well stay in the gutter - Dublin taxi driver

Soundcloud sounds

Quote Originally Posted by Mahatma Coat View Post
    Help with what?
    Advice, tips, or places to get club/radio edits on the internet. My email is Kronotrope@gmail.com, so if anyone is feeling particularly generous they can send songs there.

For DJing read stickys, for music, start digging but remember PAY FOR YOUR MUSIC!

Banned
    Welcome to the forum man. There's a lot of good info on here if you browse around, particularly amongst the pinned threads in various sections.

Probably some of the best advice is BE PATIENT, don't aim to get a club gig after a few months, if you actually want to end up playing clubs gigs it is best to wait a few years. Don't just buy the top100 tracks off beatport, buy what you like. Don't listen to noobs on here either.
    www.londontechnoblog.com / www.soundcloud.com/adam-bloy #TeamIdiot
    Cpl. Josh Ray Person:
    "There are layers of retardation people don't even know about"

Welcome to DJF!

Sigma and Adzm00 laid out great starting points and advice. But yeah, look for songs you like, not necessarily what everyone is playing. You'll develop your own style/sound.

Besides, digging for new tunes is fun in itself.

Welcome to DJF!

Read the stickies, some of them helped me a ton. Research what you want to get equipment wise and ask any specific questions you have about it. That was my problem. I think if I researched what I actually wanted instead of going for the typical beginner DJ route I would have saved some cash and a whole lot of time.

Pay for music, and get the best quality. But might I suggest also look around places like soundcloud for remixes people make or search the internet for some lesser known (and good) remixes.

Hi guys, 4 months in.

I am now signed to a label and have my own radio slot in an internet radio station.

Would be really glad if you guys could come tune in. Sunday 5pm GMT and Thursday 7pm GMT. www.systemuk.co.uk Thank you!