Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Built in Serato vs Serato Box

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Less cables / clutter?
    ^this
    sold my sl3 and bought rane 62. so much more cleaner

Having owned both the built in serato option is my preferred choice for simplicity and neatness.
    " Mr. Nichols Just A Guy Who Plays Music"

Listen To Good Tunes..Play Good Tunes..Spin The Tunes They Wanna Hear

Serato Boxes Are Dead, and That's a Problem
    6:52

Beatsource Tech
    Feb 4, 2022
    DJcityTV

With so many OS and software updates, and products being discontinued, the writing is now on the wall for separate audio interfaces for Serato DJ Pro. In the new episode of "Beatsource Tech", Mojaxx explains why that is a problem, and asks the industry to do something about it.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Not a problem if you don't rely on a DVS

It was only a matter of time before support on older gear disappears, that's just another form of planned obsolesence. Serato wants you to buy new gear. With a bit of luck, some third party company will provide some solution.

Also, mixers should have dedicated interface ins/outs, so the user can add the dvs without unplugging the turntables. Only two manufacturers offer this atm: DJ Tech and stpVestax, the cheapest and the most expensive one. Imagine you invested in a hq analog mixer like Bozak, Condesa or Mastersounds and you have to run the signal thru a interface when not using the dvs.

And additional unbalanced cables. Also why I never bothered. My CDJs run the exact same files that if I was using a DVS. That's a lot of faff just to get control from vinyl emulation. And then additional cost, because you'll change needles now and then.

My CDJs run the exact same files that if I was using a DVS.
    That's a LOT of wasted space and added expense just to add the ability to also play digital music on your DJ setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    That's a LOT of wasted space and added expense just to add the ability to also play digital music on your DJ setup.
    Sorry, I meant the expense is zero, except time spent . I was merely pointing that I can run the same music file, using a different format. Cheerio

Sorry, I meant the expense is zero, except time spent . I was merely pointing that I can run the same music file, using a different format. Cheerio
    The added expense is buying digital media players like CDJs to add to your DJ setup.
    Plus if you are a vinyl DJ your record collection is already probably taking up a lot of space. Some people just don't have the extra space needed for both turntables and CDJs in their setup.

Who said I paid full price for my CDJs