Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Built in Serato vs Serato Box

Built in Serato vs Serato Box

So I am thinking about picking up either a DJM 850 used plus an SL2/3 box (apprx $1300-$1500) or picking up the DJM 900SRT. What are your thoughts about either? I feel like the SRT is so convenient just like the standard but the box makes it so I can use any mixer anytime but gotta go through those extra few steps when setting up which isn't that big of a deal. Thoughts fellow DJ's?

Less cables / clutter?

the one nice part about having a serato box is that no matter what set up you end up playing out on (unless you are going to bring your mixer to every gig you ever do) you can use serato. There are times i am the only dj on serato and if i only had a mixer that had a built in one i would have to take that every where and be there early for set up and all that fun stuff all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by myndgruv View Post
    the one nice part about having a serato box is that no matter what set up you end up playing out on (unless you are going to bring your mixer to every gig you ever do) you can use serato. There are times i am the only dj on serato and if i only had a mixer that had a built in one i would have to take that every where and be there early for set up and all that fun stuff all the time.
    This.

I had a Rane TTM57SL. I sold it because I wanted the flexibility of being able to use Serato with different mixers/setups.
    Last edited by C.Lukas1; 09-17-2013 at 01:30 PM.

having that seperate SL box is very handy if your using club gear, but if i didnt have to worry about that, i'd go for built in SL. less clutter, less cables, much nicer looking set up in your living room.
    Rane Empath/Technics 1210mkII

Get one now, save up for the other one. That way you can have both.

Buy a used DJM-700/750 and then buy both an SL2 and an A6. Flawless victory!

-KLH
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    Buy a used DJM-700/750 and then buy both an SL2 and an A6. Flawless victory!

-KLH
    Haha I hate the knobs on the 700 but they can be replaced. I thought about it but I would probably do the 850 because I have an 800 and it would be nice to have a bit of an upgrade plus the USB midi makes it look easy.

I agree with the rest of you on the whole use any mixer thing because I use a lot of different mixers but always have access to an SL Box I just love the ease of setup with the SL built in. But I know BPM just debuted some neat looking X cables for RCA's.

Well, if you EVER want to play on a system other than your own, you need the SL box.
    If that doesn't matter to you, then the whole mixer integration thing is probably very nice. But unless you are a wedding DJ etc, most people want to be able to play other places.