Thread: Cheapest route for me to set up a DVS system?

Question Cheapest route for me to set up a DVS system?

Sup DJF!!! Looking to set up DVS for shits a giggles so looking to do this as inexpensively as possible!

I have a shitty Numark mixer, Pair of Numark TT200's, An NI Audio 2 (Don't believe i can use this for DVS signal however if I am not mistaken its Audio 4 and up only) A valid copy of both VirtualDJ and Traktor Pro 2 (I'd have to upgrade to TSP ofcourse if i went with Traktor).

So, I would honestly prefer to do this within VDJ as i have maps for all my MIDI gear in VDJ already and just prefer it over Traktor (Crazy, i know) However i suppose i could settle for Traktor if i HAD too. Whats my cheapest route?

Cheers in advanced!!!

EDIT: Also just to be clear i want to mix externally, i just want the decks to be controlled by the vinyl, that is all.
    Last edited by Tektonix; 09-15-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Since you have VDJ, which can support DVS via numerous soundcards (unlike Traktor), you'll easily create a cheap setup.
    First of all, you'll need Timecode vinyl. VDJ suggest using Serato Control Vinyl (mk2 or smth like that, check their website)
    If you're after a low-latency (ASIO) setup you can use:
    Maya 44-USB Soundcard
    Mixvibes U-mix USB
    Intimidation iScratch Mixlive (cheapest I know of :p )

However, you can have a higher-latency DVS setup (non ASIO soundcard) using cheap usb interfaces such as
    Behringer's U-Phono USB Vinyl to USB soundcard (x2 cause it only has one stereo input).

Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

he already has TSP2-licence. there's a method using tsp2's dvs with any soundcard, but you have to edit reg-files or suchs and i'm not aware of its legal state, so i wont go there.

how about upgrading your mixer with one that has dvs support for VDJ like American Audio DV2 (QD5 with interface).

I think you can do it with the DJ Tech DIF-1S too with Virtual DJ...$200 bucks and you upgrade your mixer
    Last edited by DJ Highline; 09-16-2013 at 06:36 AM.

Sell the Traktor Pro 2 License and Audio 2, and you can get an SL1 box for dirt cheap these days. That's the most cost efficient way of going to a DVS setup.
    Technics SL-1200 MK2 (x2) - Rane TTM-56 - Serato SL1 (w/ 13" Macbook Pro) - Pioneer HDJ-2000
    http://soundcloud.com/crb

Probably won't get enough to make it worth selling it. If I'm not mistaken, the audio 2 still comes with a Traktor license and is only like $100 new.

Maya 44 usb/ American audio versa and Ms Pinky vinyl will run VDJ good

YALL BEEN REPPED!

Glad some of you mentioned the Maya44, Iv'e seen it done a few times on youtube with that card. Gonna look into all the cards suggested and pick up some serato timecodes Keeping ahold of the audio 2 as its simple and small for the strictly digital sets c:

Could just buy a used SL1 box. I've seen it go as low as $100 on Craigslist/FB.