Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Studio Monitors for less then $200

Studio Monitors for less then $200

what are you guys using and recommend. $200 is for the pair.

I highly suggest you WAIT and save a mere $100.00 bucks and get a set of these. http://www.amazon.com/KRKRP5-G2-Powe...313120&sr=8-11 The bare min these will do well for you.

if you buy used you might be able to pick up some used krk 5s or 6s for $200. You won't find anything new for that price. Nothing decent anyways.

Agree with everyone else that you should save more money. Most studio monitors are $400/pair and up and there are a ton of good ones at that price.

There are a few options in the $300 range..

At $200 you cannot really expect anything decent.. but there is one option I can think of which is the Alesis M1 Active 520's.. That is the only one I would consider at that price. But they are super budget monitors, don't expect greatness from them because you won't get it.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Alesis-M...ource=4WWRWXGB

Hey, welcome back light-o-matic.
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    Agree with everyone else that you should save more money. Most studio monitors are $400/pair and up and there are a ton of good ones at that price.

There are a few options in the $300 range..

At $200 you cannot really expect anything decent.. but there is one option I can think of which is the Alesis M1 Active 520's.. That is the only one I would consider at that price. But they are super budget monitors, don't expect greatness from them because you won't get it.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Alesis-M...ource=4WWRWXGB
    Welcome back Light-O

The Alesis are slightly bassy, though some may like it. I would also recommend behringer truths for low cost monitoring... At 200 bucks you may find some stuff but only if you look at second hand monitors...

Save your money and go listen to every monitor out on the market and go ahead and buy the one that sounds the best to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Divercity View Post
    Save your money and go listen to every monitor out on the market and go ahead and buy the one that sounds the best to you.
    This is the best approach.

The best for the given budget would be something like the Audioengine A2 http://www.amazon.com/Audioengine-Pr...2123690&sr=8-1

Great little pair of speakers but if you want something better then you're better off just saving up until you have enough $$$.
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

thanks guys, i will save some more dollars for the krk's.