Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7500 watts from jbl eons & Pyle....

Quote Originally Posted by fatcatdj View Post
    Seriously she found a dj with lights for $250 to do a wedding? I'd hate to see what kind of food they're serving. Vienna sausages on tooth picks and Cragmont soda maybe?
    fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

All over around here, some for $100.

Quote Originally Posted by DTWO View Post
    All over around here, some for $100.
    If that's the case, seriously DO NOT upgrade your system EVER. If you are thinking of going with a computer, use a Numark controller $299 max.
    And purchase your lights from cheaplights.com in Texas. At those rates its more of a hobby, or money for gas and some groceries. I dj'd in Montana
    and YES I did some parties for $125, and believe me I took requests with a grain of salt. If I played Country it was from what I had in stock and
    there was NO WAY I was going to download the latest and greatest on Billboard. If it was Top 40, it was top 40 from the past 2-3 months NOT new releases.

Also that thing about leading to higher paid gigs by going 120% on cheap ones does not work in rural areas. You will still be asked to do low budget gigs. Good luck and God Bless (or move to Shreveport)
    Last edited by fatcatdj; 09-18-2013 at 02:32 AM.
    .."You can NEVER go too far"---Ferris Bueller

You gotta set a standard for yourself. Personally I wouldn't take a job under $400. It's not worth packing my stuff, preparing my music, looking nice, and all the setup work and teardown. Of course the exception to this rule are charity or fundraiser gigs I do for local schools, but short of that, regular DJ jobs are a $400 minimum.

I don't bother with Craigslist. They can have all the $100 gigs they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Anumpty
    DJ SERVICE Low Rates... WE BEAT PRICES
    local Ad round here :O...lol

Seriously she found a dj with lights for $250 to do a wedding? I'd hate to see what kind of food they're serving. Vienna sausages on tooth picks and Diet Coke maybe?
    Best post in a month! LOL!!!

If that's the case, seriously DO NOT upgrade your system EVER. If you are thinking of going with a computer, use a Numark controller $299 max.
    And purchase your lights from cheaplights.com in Texas. At those rates its more of a hobby, or money for gas and some groceries. I dj'd in Montana
    and YES I did some parties for $125, and believe me I took requests with a grain of salt. If I played Country it was from what I had in stock and
    there was NO WAY I was going to download the latest and greatest on Billboard. If it was Top 40, it was top 40 from the past 2-3 months NOT new releases.

Also that thing about leading to higher paid gigs by going 120% on cheap ones does not work in rural areas. You will still be asked to do low budget gigs. Good luck and God Bless (or move to Shreveport)
    didnt say I did them for $100, said theres lots of people in this area that advertise that rate. I thinks the client expected me to say "ok, I'll do it cheaper"; My answer was "ok, hope you have a great wedding day. Maybe I can help you in the future."

Quote Originally Posted by DTWO View Post
    Maybe I can help you in the future."
    You should add:

Like when your reception started a half hour ago and your $100 DJ hasn't shown up.
    Oh, and the price is double my usual fee for the last minute booking!

WillieB69