Thread: Pioneer users - Can you explain this trick to me?

Pioneer users - Can you explain this trick to me?

In the new video for the upcoming DJM-850, DJ Lucien Foort does this trick around the :35 second mark where whenever he does a movement with the noise color effect, it immediately registers and repeats itself. Can someone explain to me how that is done? I am relatively new with Pioneer gear and I just got a 900 and would like to know how to do that trick if possible.
    Equipment: CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, AiAiAi TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition.

idk. imo effects can really mess up a track, can't the track speak for itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Synergy View Post
    I guess its a matter of taste. I still want to know how to do it.
    Equipment: CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, AiAiAi TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Synergy View Post
    Not trying to be a dick, but he wasnt asking your opinion on how to mix, he was asking specifically on how to do something. If you are going to try to look down your nose at someone, and try to correct their style - you can take that somewhere else. Or you can stick around and try to offer up some advice to his question.

For OP - Ill check out the vid once I get home, and see if I can shed any light.

Looks like while the track is in a natural build up, he's applying the colour FX filter on the individual channel. At the same time, I think he's throwing on an echo effect. At first I thought it may have been the roll effect, but doesn't sound like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothgery View Post
    Not trying to be a dick, but he wasnt asking your opinion on how to mix, he was asking specifically on how to do something. If you are going to try to look down your nose at someone, and try to correct their style - you can take that somewhere else. Or you can stick around and try to offer up some advice to his question.

For OP - Ill check out the vid once I get home, and see if I can shed any light.
    Thanks bud! It seems like a really cool trick. I know he's using a color effect and a beat effect of some sort, but I don't know which beat effect it is.

Anyone?

Seems like he is using the Color FX Filter and the Up Echo
    Last edited by JonAvalon; 03-07-2012 at 07:49 AM.
    http://www.djforums.com/forums/attac...2&d=1330279224
    Twitter - Soundcloud- Youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonitz
    I love me some MEAT!

Thanks! I'll try it out when I get home.

I haven't seen the vid, but it sounds like he might be using the delay or echo effect mixed with the colour, i do this alot but i use the filter instead, personally i only add colour to breakdowns, and its hardly noticable. Set the delay to 2/4 and you can play with the rythme of the track add a filter to this and you can use it every where as well.

enjoy