Thread: issue with info editing in itunes

issue with info editing in itunes

Hi everyone,after upgrading itunes to ver.11 I can't edit song inforrmation anymore via the 'Get Info' option. When I acess the info for the song all the fields (Name,Artist,Album...Genre) are greyed out. Same thing with the fields in the Sorting,Video,and Options tab. The only field not greyed out is in he options tab and that is the Start Time and Stop timme fields in addition to the rating field. Needless to say I can't even access album artwork. Why are the fields locked?
    I've done all I can to no avail hence my posting this. It wasn't so with previous versions eight through 10. It started with ver.11. And yes,I've the latest updated version (ver.11.0.5).
    Could anyone comment on this. If there is no way out as much as I love this new version I'd have o downgrade as I do most of my tag editing within itunes and it has been working excellently for me.

Lest I forget I'm running the programme on windows 7. Don't think the OS is the issue as the previous versions ran well on the same windows 7.

Have you tried what is suggested here? ...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7011630AA7uIuM
    Last Night A BJ Choked My Wife - What did she expect, I was Indeep.

Quote Originally Posted by Capitan View Post
    Have you tried what is suggested here? ...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7011630AA7uIuM
    Thanks man,will do as the article suggested and ley u know what's up.

Tried it capitan,still no show as whhen I checked all my music files didn't have the read only option enabled. May have to downgrade quite shame.

It could be a file permission/ownership issue. I found this on another forum...

Try changing the permission of the drive so that anyone can access it. This doesn't decrease security so long as you (and anyone authorized) is the only one using the computer. All you have to do is open up My Computer, right-click on a drive, click on Properties, click on the Security tab, and then change the different permissions for different users. Essentially put a tick mark in every box under Allow for all users. Make sure that this is done with iTunes closed. Apply the settings, exit out of the properties, open up iTunes, and hopefully all should be well.

If that doesn't work then I have no idea.

You could try registering here...

https://discussions.apple.com/commun...es_for_windows

They should be able to help
    Last Night A BJ Choked My Wife - What did she expect, I was Indeep.

Quote Originally Posted by Capitan View Post
    It could be a file permission/ownership issue. I found this on another forum...

Try changing the permission of the drive so that anyone can access it. This doesn't decrease security so long as you (and anyone authorized) is the only one using the computer. All you have to do is open up My Computer, right-click on a drive, click on Properties, click on the Security tab, and then change the different permissions for different users. Essentially put a tick mark in every box under Allow for all users. Make sure that this is done with iTunes closed. Apply the settings, exit out of the properties, open up iTunes, and hopefully all should be well.

If that doesn't work then I have no idea.

You could try registering here...

https://discussions.apple.com/commun...es_for_windows

They should be able to help
    Thanks capitan for your suggestions. Couldn't get it to work. Either way I'm opting for the mp3 tag softtware option,just tag the jams up as I go, a lot of work I know but I think itks even best in the long run. Once again thanks.

Oh boy! Silly me,I had an epiphany and just disabled user account settings and everything worked. Ah Windows...