Thread: Turntable Advice

Turntable Advice

Hi guys

I used to own a pair of 1210's back in the early 90's and did a lot of beat mixing and basic scratching.

I'm now looking to invest in a new pair of turntables to use for bedroom mixing only....now 42 years old and reliving some of my youth!

As 1210's have now been discontinued and are sooooo expensive, I'm looking for some advice on what to get.

I'm currently thinking on getting a pair of Numark TT500's which I can get for £504 for a pair. Would anyone recommend these turntables or offer any alternative options at the £250 each price range?

I'm then going to get hold of Serato Scratch Live and a Numark X6 mixer. Again, has anyone used the X6 mixer and would they recommend it?

Thanks for any help guys.

TT500s are decent enough but have you considered used? You can't really go far wrong with a good used set of 1200/1210s.

Get some used 1200s/1210s. Nothing can compare. 33 years Technics have been and still are king. Do not settle for anything less.

For a £500 budget you could get a brand new pair of Citronic PD45s from ebay. If you've never heard of them, google "super oem turntable". I used to have a pair, then replaced them with 1210s, but missed them so much I bought another one. If I had to start over again I'd definitely buy them again.
    www.dnbradio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger
    He's just like me, only he's a man and more stupid

Quote Originally Posted by L2daGee View Post
    Get some used 1200s/1210s. Nothing can compare. 33 years Technics have been and still are king. Do not settle for anything less.
    ^^^^^^

My last set of 1200s (bought a couple months ago) cost less than 500 quid, assuming you can just compare with a simple currency converter. They were bought used locally from a brick & mortar DJ store.