Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: (Feedback) So I still consider myself a Beginner.(Feedback)

I use window 98 with a mickey mouse turntable

Well I guess that explains it.....seriously though, dude, what are you using?

Would you like to know my setup? There are pic of them in the post your pics thread.......post yours up!
    If you aint havin fun you aint havin nothin. http://www.facebook.com/fat8ack
    http://soundcloud.com/fat8ack

One Thing you are lucky with about your mixes!

You get feedback lol

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Kaveman View Post
    I used the FX and fade out in one transition? And there are literally 100's of ways to transition from one song to the next what would you recommend?
    Try mixing.
    DJM-850 | Technics 1210 M5G x 2 | CDJ-900 x 2 | RCF 312A MKIII x 2 - Soundcloud
    1-v-1 Battle Record: 1-0 / 1-v-1-v-1 Battle Record: 0-1

I use serato DJ with mixtrack pro 2

Seriously. I hate judging people on here as I'm the last person who can criticise a mix due to the fact of my own inexperience.
    Really listen to your own mix. Not through a stereo n speakers but just sit back and get some headphones on! Make yourself a brew and just listen!
    can you really not hear how bad your transistions are?
    and general song choice (no flow in your music, randomly chosen, no set plan etc etc)
    There ar so many clips on tutorials (ellaskins on YouTube) that will help because you really do need it.

And seriously get of your high horse and take criticism and help because you seem to be the only one that gets feedback when you submit a mix lol

Best advice is really don't upload another mix until it really is improved ( something i took and did from feedback given too you previuosly) because they seem to be getting worse!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Kaveman View Post
    I use serato DJ with mixtrack pro 2
    Who cares what you use. Mix your tracks instead of volume fading or using fx to get yourself through a transition.

Dudes, cut the kid some slack please. He's trying.

Kaveman, you have a lot to learn. How about you start by listening to your own mix a few more times and writing down which transitions you liked the most. 26 minutes for someone at your skill level should translate to NO MORE than 8 to 10 songs. Use those 8 songs and listen to their STRUCTURE and find the places in these songs where you can mix (not slam) - playing them alongside each other without it sounding messy. Don't touch the effects AT ALL while doing this... Stay within one style of music if you can.

Right now there's way too much stuff going on, using tracks that have a lot of energy by themselves. Easy does it...
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    And try stuffing a sausage down the ears of your promoter, he will probably moan like a whore.
    My Mixes Here...

After the last post regarding his mix he's not really gone away and done anything different!
    He got barraged by everyone last time mainly down to his attitude which like his mixing hasn't got any better lol

I was sympathetic last time but reading through the posts you can see why people have and do react like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Skasja View Post
    Dudes, cut the kid some slack please. He's trying.
    Any beginner that disregards advice because "haters gonna hate" hasn't earned slack.