Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: (Feedback) So I still consider myself a Beginner.(Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by Dj broray View Post
    well it wasnt a trainwreck. and if i didnt know anything about djing and mixing like club sheep. i would say it was ok. but im a dj and this mix can be better with more time and practice. practice practice practice..... i did that everyday for 2 to 3 hrs a day. i even listened to mixes on the radio( 92 ktu latin rascals to show you how long ago i was mixing 80's). i had was vinyl no beat counters i used my foot and a watch to calculate the beats. keep at it we all have an internal clock when it comes to music it will come out with practice. beat matching is amazing when you first hear it in your headphones. understand how music is constructed,intro, verse ,chourus , breakdown.
    Thank you!! this is the time of honesty and criticizim us so called "n00bs" need not saying that we suck or that we are terrible everyone starts at the n00b point and a lot of "expert" djs forget that

Quote Originally Posted by M!TCH View Post

Using FX and fade out for a track isn't the way to do your transitions.
    I used the FX and fade out in one transition? And there are literally 100's of ways to transition from one song to the next what would you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    What happens at 45 seconds into this mix? Do you pitch the track way down, or is it supposed to be like that?

I dunno why you're even posting this stuff up man. When you posted up your first mix, which wasn't that long ago, people said to you that you need to put the time in so you can learn the basics and get really solid at those. But since then you've posted up 4 or 5 other mixes, all of which have the same issues. If you're not going to follow the advice of experienced DJs and you're going to add things like "haters gonna hate" to your posts, as if that explains why people are saying your mixes aren't very good (which really isn't the case), then there's nothing anybody on DJF can do to help you.

If you put the practice in, I'm sure one day you'll be good, but there's really no point in posting up a new mix every week or whatever. You have already tainted your name on here to the point where some people are gonna see your mixes in Mix Subs and think "oh, that guy again" and they'll pass them by. You can fix that, but not if you carry on doing what you're doing.
    I do practice everyday kind sir I also know that in every single mix ive posted people tell me to work on beatmatching which very much confuses me because in almost all of this mix it seems pretty beatmatched to me so I am still very confused very very confused actually

not trying to hate but it's pretty terrible.... your transitions are sloppy work on your programming that is what people mean by beatmatching your shit is out of phrase. your lucky you got people telling you this instead of getting a bottle thrown at your head at a party for killing the vibe... your mix not sounding right cause your programming sucks. beatmatch correctly and drop the beat in the proper place and the production will take over.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Kaveman View Post
    I do practice everyday kind sir I also know that in every single mix ive posted people tell me to work on beatmatching which very much confuses me because in almost all of this mix it seems pretty beatmatched to me so I am still very confused very very confused actually
    Then your ears are really messed up and you should just give up.....You obviously can not take any advise......so why the hell are you asking for it?????

If you aint havin fun you aint havin nothin. http://www.facebook.com/fat8ack
    http://soundcloud.com/fat8ack

Depends on what type of energy you're trying to keep. If it is a 4am on the beach set then you are going to do long blends and really let the tracks ride out together. If it's at EDC and you're playing electro house then constant energy is what I hear those guys mixing (ie) mix from one chorus finishing up into start of second track chorus. The key is to create mixes that are seamless. When people listen to it for the first time you don't want them knowing that a transition is taking place.

At ~8:50 sounded like you filtered out track 1 and slowly faded down until dropping it out completely while bringing in track 2. There are a few no no's when it comes to transitions.

• Fader slams only work if you're Steve Aoki
    • If mixing during breakdowns need to be real careful not to fade the outgoing track out as it is easily noticeable for the most part
    • Never clash vocals if you can help it, rarely does it work
    • I can't speak for everyone but aside from the breakdown I really try and avoid mixing the same element of a track together. What I mean by this is I will not try and have track b chorus playing at same time track a chorus is going, I'll have track b playing right before its chorus and then when track a chorus finishes have track b chorus starting
    • Repeated use of FX on transitions is annoying and presumed to be covering for poor mixing abilities

I know there are a ton more don'ts when it comes to transitions, I need to listen to newer DJs so that I can remember what they are off the top of my head
    The rest of the world is tired of US interventionism and the US taxpayer is tired of footing the bill for US interventionism. #teamidiot is on the prowl

Kaveman, what software, controller, etc. are you making these mixes on? Please advise, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by fat8ack View Post
    Then your ears are really messed up and you should just give up.....You obviously can not take any advise......so why the hell are you asking for it?????

Kaveman, what software, controller, etc. are you making these mixes on? Please advise, thank you.
    I have been trying to be nice this whole time yet you just piss me off lol go have fun with someone else because you sir are just being an ass I have been taking this advise into consideration and I just listened to my mix after i was done reading this and found a lot more mistakes so you can calm down and go read some news paper or something w.e you guys do in Florida

Quote Originally Posted by M!TCH View Post
    Depends on what type of energy you're trying to keep. If it is a 4am on the beach set then you are going to do long blends and really let the tracks ride out together. If it's at EDC and you're playing electro house then constant energy is what I hear those guys mixing (ie) mix from one chorus finishing up into start of second track chorus. The key is to create mixes that are seamless. When people listen to it for the first time you don't want them knowing that a transition is taking place.

At ~8:50 sounded like you filtered out track 1 and slowly faded down until dropping it out completely while bringing in track 2. There are a few no no's when it comes to transitions.

• Fader slams only work if you're Steve Aoki
    • If mixing during breakdowns need to be real careful not to fade the outgoing track out as it is easily noticeable for the most part
    • Never clash vocals if you can help it, rarely does it work
    • I can't speak for everyone but aside from the breakdown I really try and avoid mixing the same element of a track together. What I mean by this is I will not try and have track b chorus playing at same time track a chorus is going, I'll have track b playing right before its chorus and then when track a chorus finishes have track b chorus starting
    • Repeated use of FX on transitions is annoying and presumed to be covering for poor mixing abilities

I know there are a ton more don'ts when it comes to transitions, I need to listen to newer DJs so that I can remember what they are off the top of my head
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH excellent feedback actually learned from this very very much appreciated kind sir

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Kaveman View Post
    I have been trying to be nice this whole time yet you just piss me off lol go have fun with someone else because you sir are just being an ass I have been taking this advise into consideration and I just listened to my mix after i was done reading this and found a lot more mistakes so you can calm down and go read some news paper or something w.e you guys do in Florida
    Yeah, you are pissed because you can't handle the truth.....get over your self.

What software and controller are you using?