Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Beginner DJ Rant (questions inside!!)

More the arrogance that is ooooooooozing from your posts

It's one thing been confident but no one likes a smart arse/ arrogant person.

Anyone that uses the word "hater" should be lined up and shot. It's getting really stupid. "Oh you don't like XX, hater, you're just jealous". I mean it is at the point now where people are asking "why do you hate XXX DJ" and as I pointed out the other day, no one really hates that DJ, they just don't like their particular style or music taste.

And the problem stems from this moronic use of “hater” that you guys in Canada and the US constantly use, it should be banned because its derailing what the discussion over something you don’t like should be about. It is for lazy and thick people, so if you want to prove yourself as lazy and thick, continue using it. But I think this is something I am going to try get on top of now, like the whole “could care less” stuff.
    www.londontechnoblog.com / www.soundcloud.com/adam-bloy #TeamIdiot
    Cpl. Josh Ray Person:
    "There are layers of retardation people don't even know about"

Quote Originally Posted by Adzm00 View Post
    Anyone that uses the word "hater" should be lined up and shot. It's getting really stupid. "Oh you don't like XX, hater, you're just jealous". I mean it is at the point now where people are asking "why do you hate XXX DJ" and as I pointed out the other day, no one really hates that DJ, they just don't like their particular style or music taste.

And the problem stems from this moronic use of “hater” that you guys in Canada and the US constantly use, it should be banned because its derailing what the discussion over something you don’t like should be about. It is for lazy and thick people, so if you want to prove yourself as lazy and thick, continue using it. But I think this is something I am going to try get on top of now, like the whole “could care less” stuff.

so, are you saying that you hate haters??
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by allensmusic View Post
    so, are you saying that you hate haters??

You know me, I am such a hater.
    www.londontechnoblog.com / www.soundcloud.com/adam-bloy #TeamIdiot
    Cpl. Josh Ray Person:
    "There are layers of retardation people don't even know about"

Quote Originally Posted by Adzm00 View Post

You know me, I am such a hater.
    If you aint havin fun you aint havin nothin. http://www.facebook.com/fat8ack
    http://soundcloud.com/fat8ack

Quote Originally Posted by Specialzed View Post
    As for my soundcloud id like to hold off on that for now. A bit too much negativity in this thread id rather not have people listening to my mixes looking for mistakes.
    hi, the way I see it is, if you're just getting started and already calling yourself a DJ, then you should be brave enough to put mixes out for people to hear. It's not difficult to upload & distribute, there's no excuses.

The interesting thing about the beginners that push back against the advice they are receiving isn't against (at least IMO), average DJs. I haven't listened to everyone's mixing in this or other threads but as far as I can tell most of us are able to walk up to the decks and lay down a set in just about any setting (club, music festival, etc.) with regards to quality.
    Last edited by M!TCH; 09-05-2013 at 11:57 AM.
    The rest of the world is tired of US interventionism and the US taxpayer is tired of footing the bill for US interventionism. #teamidiot is on the prowl

Quote Originally Posted by M!TCH View Post
    The interesting thing about the beginners that push back against the advice they are receiving isn't against (at least IMO, average DJs). I haven't listened to everyone's mixing in this or other threads but as far as I can tell most of us are able to walk up to the decks and lay down a set in just about any setting (club, music festival, etc.) with regards to quality.
    I knew how this thread was going as soon as I saw the title 'Beginner Rant' - beginners have no business ranting!

This thread certainly provided some entertainment for me this evening!

Specialzed, all my points have already been made, many times. All I'm going to add is this: you've got a lot to learn.

I started playing out far too early and inevitably I got knocked back. I burnt many bridges between important connections in my home town because I told them I was a DJ ready to play when I wasn't. They gave me a shot, and quickly realised I didn't have the experience to deal with what was in front of me and, consequently, realised I absolutely was not ready to hit the nightspots. Promoters and experienced DJs do not forget the people they've met and had dealings with. Essentially, my name was tainted. To them, I might as well have been a fake.

And it's taken me a long long time to undo that damage.
    "He was a born natural behind the turntable. There's no doubt I was jealous of that." - Carl Cox on Frankie Wilde