Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Ever Wedding Reception For Me Tonight..........

We all have to start somewhere.

Well, I didn't screw up!

The bride got pissed because almost everyone left after they ate. She cancelled the bouquet and garter tosses as well as the dollar dance because all their single friends bailed to go party in Kansas City. I can see where she would be a bit pissed.

Those who did stay got to hear a good set of country music and had fun dancing until the hall closed. Really nice place too. I'll try to toss up some pics tomorrow.

I'm ready for the next one!
    WillieB69

Glad it worked out for you. Sometimes, people just dont stay around.
    I really didnt expect people to stay around at mine tonight but they did... at least until the bride & groom decided to leave. Everyone was having a good time but the couple wanted to get up early & get started on their trip so, they left at 10:15 & we quit playing at 10:30. We were booked until 11, so that wasn't too bad.

It happens that way sometimes. I'm glad you had a good first experience tho.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Ah that's too bad. Don't let it get to you - the party depends mostly on the people attending.

Last year I had the (dis)privilege of attending a wedding with what had to be the worst DJ in the midwest. But it was still a rager because everyone was so close.

Quote Originally Posted by sss18734 View Post
    Ah that's too bad. Don't let it get to you - the party depends mostly on the people attending.
    It didn't bother me too much but I felt bad for the bride. She was really disappointed. I talked with her and the groom afterwards and they were more than happy with my services and the effort I put into it for them. The problem was their shitty friends who came for the free food and then bailed to go bar hopping because there was no booze at the reception.
    WillieB69

Quote Originally Posted by WillieB69 View Post
    It didn't bother me too much but I felt bad for the bride. She was really disappointed. The problem was their shitty friends who came for the free food and then bailed to go bar hopping because there was no booze at the reception.
    About 25 or 30 years ago, someone told me, "you can count your friends on one hand". Over the years, I have paid special attention to that advise, & without a doubt, it has proven true. Many people pretend to be your friends, due to "socially correct" values, but when it comes down to the nut cuttin'.... you find only a few are truly your friends. Friends that will truly stand by you whether there is booze there or not.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Quote Originally Posted by Dixieland DJ View Post
    About 25 or 30 years ago, someone told me, "you can count your friends on one hand". Over the years, I have paid special attention to that advise, & without a doubt, it has proven true. Many people pretend to be your friends, due to "socially correct" values, but when it comes down to the nut cuttin'.... you find only a few are truly your friends. Friends that will truly stand by you whether there is booze there or not.
    That's pretty good advice to follow.
    I have a lot of acquaintances but few people I truly call friends.

A few pics from last night:

The Venue:

Dancing:

More Dancing:
    WillieB69

No pics of your setup Willie?

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyL View Post
    No pics of your setup Willie?
    Not this time.
    I was more or less crammed into a corner and things were set up sorta strange.
    WillieB69

Wedding Advice

I have been a wedding dj for 31 years, and my best advice to anyone starting is that you need to be prepared. You also need to have the bride and groom make a timeline for you so you know what they expect.

Robert
    Music Express

fresno wedding dj

fresno dj

monterey wedding dj

san luis obispo wedding dj
    Last edited by musicexpress; 08-30-2013 at 04:49 PM.