Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: where will price of 1210s go?

Quote Originally Posted by allensmusic View Post
    In my opinion, they will stay level or go up.
    DJ's want them, and audiophiles want them. the demand will grow.

audiophiles don't want a direct drive turntable

Quote Originally Posted by ITSJF View Post
    audiophiles don't want a direct drive turntable
    I had a cash offer of $500 for one of my 1200's sunday at a gig for a guy to use for his home stereo. you are right, he probably wasnt an audiophile.

just what do you call the people that use 1200's for home use only?
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

I'm not willing to pay more then they originally went for NEW period...i'm also not willing to pay old NEW price for a used unit. The only people I see paying high dollar for these items are new DJ's... and I have made some money off of them by simply buying a used set...fixing them...adding blue LEDs and upgraded rcas...I may spend $300-$400 if not less on a set and sell them easy for $1000 for the set...good profit EVEN with paypal and ebay fees
    -->(2) Numark TT-200 Ttables, SL1, DDJ-SX2, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitors, Reloop IQ2 Midi, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

with DVS in place I think the super OEM's like the str8-150 and pdx 3000 is a better option. I'm currently looking to get the pdx 3000's but have put so much work into my 1200s I refuse to sell
    -->(2) Numark TT-200 Ttables, SL1, DDJ-SX2, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitors, Reloop IQ2 Midi, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drzinc View Post
    I have 2 of those desirable boom boxes. the Clairtone and the JVC PC-55

No they are not for sale....
    Nice! The Clairtone is the one I want, but good condition ones are pricey.

There was a guy on DJF 1.0 who had a massive collection of boomboxes. I kept some of the pics he posted in fact. Here's one of them (not a big fan of him posing mind you): -

Dood clearly either had a wicked job, was a lotto winner, or his parents were rich as hell, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by allensmusic View Post
    I had a cash offer of $500 for one of my 1200's sunday at a gig for a guy to use for his home stereo. you are right, he probably wasnt an audiophile.

just what do you call the people that use 1200's for home use only?
    probably just uneducated lol, sees them as ubiquitous and assumes they're the best (for everything). the direct drives can generate too much noise from the motor into the stylus, the real audiophiles will go for belt drives

Quote Originally Posted by ITSJF View Post
    probably just uneducated lol, sees them as ubiquitous and assumes they're the best (for everything). the direct drives can generate too much noise from the motor into the stylus, the real audiophiles will go for belt drives
    You're the one who seems to be uneducated.

Most Popular Myths About The '1200
    http://www.kabusa.com/myth4.htm
    http://www.kabusa.com/myth6.htm

KAB Custom Technics SL-1200SE
    http://www.kabusa.com/frameset.htm?/m1200.htm
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

I feel the same way, I laugh when I see people posting on craigslist about dont low ball when they're asking $500 more than what it retailed for.... every now and then I see a pair selling pre discontinued prices

I hope the price increases!