Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: renting a lapel mic

renting a lapel mic

I don't have any rental companies where I live, but a guy has a wireless lapel Mic for me to rent, but he doesn't know how much to charge. He told me to name my terms. Now, I want to be fair, so can you guys tell me what they normally cost to rent for a night? I don't yet know a brand or model.

Find out what brand model. I have rented good shure lapels for $100 a weekend

$25 and a 12 pack of Budlight
    .."You can NEVER go too far"---Ferris Bueller

He agreed to $20. He couldn't remember what brand but said it was a good one. I'll find out when he pulls it out to give me this week.

So I rented it for the ceremony. It's an audio technica, although not sure of model. He said it was ready to go and I didn't have time to really check it over. Anyways, it was an outdoor ceremony and the mic may have been 200 feet from the receiver. It kept cutting out like crazy. It got better when I moved the receiver to the top of my speaker but only for awhile. It got so bad I just turned it off. I was so embarrassed. When I took it down, I noticed an antenna power switch was in the off position. Would this have helped? I need it again next weekend, so I need to figure it out. I get the model tomorrow.

Thanks.

The receiver is an Audio Technica ATW-R2100A. Transmitter is an Audio Technica ATW-1210a.

I think I am going to buy a lav mic for my Sennheiser Ew 100 G2 system. I believe they are discontinued, so will a lav for the G3 work with my EM 100 G2 receiver? If so, which one would be suggested?

Thanks.

according to what I see in the owners manual, that is just for additional antennas.
    " A two-position switch turns on/off 12V AC antenna
    power for use with powered antennas or accessories"

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/re...00a_submit.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

The audio technica only has a 10mw output, compared to the sennheisers 30mw.
    I would imagine in a real world situation 200 foot would be the limit for clear reception for a 10mw transmitter without having things like external antenna's
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

Anyone have a sennheiser sk 100 g2 lav body pack and a me2 Mic for sale? I keep getting outbid on eBay. It is a class A or whatever.