Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Trance live set you've ever heard

Best Trance live set you've ever heard

Sup people; so I'm a little curious as to what you all think is sort of like THE defining live set played by your fave DJ that had you giggling like a 5 year old in Toys R Us. I'm talking about like all factors were just perfect, song selection, transitions, etc. It doesn't matter if the DJ is famous or not. I haven't had a chance to check out any live sets, so this will give my virgin ears a chance to get familiar with what a great set sounds like. I've listened to mostly studio sets, like ABV's Mirage and the like. Any input is appreciated

Probably Armin in about 04.
    rape stork

Paul Oakenfold's 1999 gatecrasher set.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksound View Post
    Wth? Is everyone on here a minger I can't be the only one here who has a constant barrage of hot young ******* throwing themselves for no strings attached encounters

Some of my most memorable sets are form way back in my early clubbing days, Scot Project and Yoji always stand out in my memory for being some of the best. Armin is awesome live when he plays Trance, also PVD would be one of the most recent memorable sets that have stood out to me.
    DJF TRANCE CHAMPION 2011
    DEEPER SHADES OF TRANCE - BRINGING YOU THE BIGGEST NAMES IN TRANCE WEEKLY VIA TRANCERADIO.FM

Quote Originally Posted by kyle133 View Post
    Holy shit came here to post this! Legendary.

Definitely looking up Paul Oakenfold's set right now.. I'll also check out AVB and PVD. There's just so many to choose from lol. I'll start with Armin back in 04. Thanks for the input

Listening now...

um, wow!! now THAT is a set!! good lookin out for turning me onto this.

^ it's an excellent set. It's the track selection that make the mix what it is. The mixing is very straight foward. The beatmatching could even be tighter, but it's a great example how letting songs play out and blending make for a great mix
    Quote Originally Posted by ksound View Post
    Wth? Is everyone on here a minger I can't be the only one here who has a constant barrage of hot young ******* throwing themselves for no strings attached encounters

^ it's an excellent set. It's the track selection that make the mix what it is. The mixing is very straight foward. The beatmatching could even be tighter, but it's a great example how letting songs play out and blending make for a great mix
    I was hooked from the very beginning. All tracks were seemless. I couldn't have asked for a better set. Im just mad i wasn't able to see it in person now lol