Thread: How do you video tape your mixes?

Question How do you video tape your mixes?

For those of you that video tape your mixes how do you do it and what equipment do you use?

I am trying to find the best way to do it without using the mic on the camera... I want to combine say the REC out audio from the mixer with the video from the camera. Wondering if you use a webcam and an audio input on the computer or if you know of a good digital camera with audio-in capability...

A similar question for guys that do streaming: What equipment/setup are you using?
    www.nickjames.ca
    → Reddit: omers on /r/DJs and /r/Beatmatch

Quote Originally Posted by NickJames View Post
    For those of you that video tape your mixes how do you do it and what equipment do you use?

I am trying to find the best way to do it without using the mic on the camera... I want to combine say the REC out audio from the mixer with the video from the camera. Wondering if you use a webcam and an audio input on the computer or if you know of a good digital camera with audio-in capability...

A similar question for guys that do streaming: What equipment/setup are you using?
    I know some small camcorders have audio inputs. Maybe you could go booth out or master out 2 from the mixer into the camcorder?
    Equipment: CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, AiAiAi TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition.

i second thisquestion.... i have tried plugging in from my REC output on my mixer to mycomputer, but my comps soundcard is such shit that the sound is unbearable. so ive been recording onto an ipod while filiming and just trying to sync it up, but i want to start mixing opn faderwave so i need some way to stream it...

Most dj's i know use a gopro (muted mic) for video, record audio using 57... then use a video editing software (Final Cut) and sync audio/video. I would think that this is the best way to get clean audio for videos by recording audio/video each seperately and sync them.
    Last edited by funkyfresh; 03-05-2012 at 01:14 PM.

You could use this----> http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UCA222.aspx

I use it when I'm livestreaming or for recording my mixes. Idk if it will work at the same time recording audio and video, unless you sync them. Or you could go with DJNR's suggestion.
    DJ-VADER

just make a Ustream account and record you vid/audio there.

You can select and cam source and audio sound card, so no worries on having the right equipment. As long as you have a cam and you can plug into your pc, you're good.

you can embed vid on any blog and/or site

*Same with StickAm and other similar sites, but Ustream has a cleaner UI design.
    Last edited by Rek_Aviles; 03-16-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by funkyfresh View Post
    Most dj's i know use a gopro (muted mic) for video, record audio using 57... then use a video editing software (Final Cut) and sync audio/video. I would think that this is the best way to get clean audio for videos by recording audio/video each seperately and sync them.
    thats what i would do
    DJ please... pick up your phone... I'm on the request line, line, line, line.....

I use Livestream or I just video tape (with mic on) and just record to the computer and use FCP to sync them up. Pretty easy. I like Livestream though

If your doing live streams id suggest u get decent HD webcam and an external sound card. Soundcard doesnt have to be expensive either just look at FutureShop or Best Buy