Quote Originally Posted by Nicadraus View Post
Just let me know man. I'll hook you up with some DJ friends over there.
Whats going on guys, specifically nicadraus. I want to thank you for hooking me up with your boy here in Iloilo. He came to my hotel last night to drop of his 12's and his djm600 for me to use tonight. I'm glad that I was able to connect with you and him.
So tonight is my gig at GLounge Iloilo. Theres a fucking tarp up in front of the club advertising my gig tonight. I can't wait! I was talking to the resident dj about the goings on in the club itself and it seems like your typical Filipino club... ie. lots of house/edm/top40. My friend who owns the club wanted me to play hiphop and R&B which is something I love to do. But according to the resident dj the club is frequented by 18,19,20 yr olds. And that I should kinda stick to more top40 hiphop and R&B. He was telling me a dj from Jersey was spinning last week and promised that type of music but ended up more of a 80's & 90's R&B dj and cleared the floor for 2 nights, ouch.
Ever since I got here to the PI I've been kinda worried but have been preparing my crates with mostly top40 HH,R&B and assume to play that Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Wiz Khalifa etc... But because I am the DJ I hope to bring some harder hiphop (mind you not too much). And from what I've heard on the radio theres been a lot of hype around Baaure and Harlem shake, which is cool because I've been on that Trap(more hiphop influenced). Hopefully I can parlay that and get the crowd hype when it's time to drop some prime time music. And whats even better is that the resident will be opening for me
I keep on getting asked if I have a residency and what not, which I don't as DJ'ing for me and most people is a side gig. I can see the scepticism in them but I'm ready to take them on.

Nicadraus, thanks again bro, Mark has been cool and has really hooked me up, or else I'd be on a pair of CDJ350s and an unknown American DJ mixer.

Wish me luck guys on my gig tonight! I have a feeling its been hyped a lot more than it will be.