Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your lighting rigs

Found some photos and vid of an event I did

Campusfest 2011

The event was a university frosh week concert called Campusfest. It was 6 acts and an 8 hour show (from doors to close). Probably one of the best and funnest gigs yet.

Acts (opening to headliner)

Makeshift Innocence (local band)
    The Reason
    These Kids Wear Crowns
    Geek Freaks (the universities dance group)
    Classified
    Arkells

Audio (not the best at naming audio gear as I'm more a lighting guy)

Full Array Set up with Side fills and Bass Bins
    FOH board Digicon 9
    Monitors Digicon 8

Lighting

16 ACLS
    6 Lekos
    24 Source 4 Pars
    8 Studio Colour 575
    6 SGM 700 profile spots
    4 Atomic strobes
    6 Blinders

Hog3PC

Cheerleading competition. 4x Platinum Spot 5r's on top of 10" Global Truss Sections loaded with ADJ Mega Tri's for wash.

Before:

After. About 32 uplights around the room and string lighting hung from the airwalls. I'm a little disappointed on how the picture came out.

Trackspots, anyone?

Custom monogram and pattern lighting on the ceiling. Unfortunately the leko with the monogram was lamped @ 375w to shine on the floor directly below where the entrance was. The client wanted it changed at the last minute and we couldn't swap lamps to something bighter due to limited power issues. Still looked good in person at the tables and dance floor.

Got back to shop at 4:30AM that night...

...Believe anything here beats mine
    DJ Hoss
    Quote Originally Posted by JuxtaPoser View Post
    Red LEDs = SUPER AWESOME MODE: ENGAGED
    Make it work!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by disbjohn View Post
    Thanks Adam. I did file the variance. The kit that x-laser sells makes it really easy to file for the variance. Mine is submitted and am just waiting. i heard it may take awhile to get everything all said and done, but as long as you have filed you are ok. Since it is a high-powered laser, you do have to take more precautions such as minimum height above audience as well as properly marked warning signs of high-powered laser in use. All the information is included in the kit and on a disc when you buy the product.
    Thanks for the info John. I was wondering how "tricky" it is to get the variance. It was a little worried about spending that kind of money, then having trouble with getting a variance, then thinking, maybe I should have gone the other route. Which I did, to be safe, but someday I may like to sell the ADJ Lasers and upgrade to these. Like you said, as long as you are safe and keep the laser above everyones head/not pointing at anyone, it really isn't rocket science. You just have to take extra precaution when using stuff like this. It is not like an normal ordinary light.

I really like how the RGB can produce the different writing and everything, that is really cool. Is it tough to program it to write different things on the wall, etc...? Thanks John,

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
    Thanks for the info John. I was wondering how "tricky" it is to get the variance. It was a little worried about spending that kind of money, then having trouble with getting a variance, then thinking, maybe I should have gone the other route. Which I did, to be safe, but someday I may like to sell the ADJ Lasers and upgrade to these. Like you said, as long as you are safe and keep the laser above everyones head/not pointing at anyone, it really isn't rocket science. You just have to take extra precaution when using stuff like this. It is not like an normal ordinary light.

I really like how the RGB can produce the different writing and everything, that is really cool. Is it tough to program it to write different things on the wall, etc...? Thanks John,

Adam
    I'm currently running it DMX with the built in programs that the unit has. If you want to fully customize and run your own custom programs and designs, you will need an ILDA software like Quickshow ($600). It isn't that much harder than programming a light show for ShowXpress. I am looking into that if I do start doing more shows with the laser and customers are looking for more customized animated text or logos.
    rlfsociety.com | dfwprodjs.com

Adam, Check out this video by X-laser
    rlfsociety.com | dfwprodjs.com

Quote Originally Posted by disbjohn View Post
    I'm currently running it DMX with the built in programs that the unit has. If you want to fully customize and run your own custom programs and designs, you will need an ILDA software like Quickshow ($600). It isn't that much harder than programming a light show for ShowXpress. I am looking into that if I do start doing more shows with the laser and customers are looking for more customized animated text or logos.

I'd say it's much easier than ShowXpress. Doesn't get any easier than Quickshow.

Another gig I did a few weeks ago for the Sheepdogs and Young Rivals

Gear

16 LED Par64's
    16 LED Bars
    4 source four pars
    2 blinders
    La Matrie Radiance
    48/96 lighting board with dmx

I also posted this in the "show your DJ setup". But this is what I have running in my loft, with an emphasis on the lights. It's all programmed through LightJockey 2. I have a ton of sequences programmed; but am still building up a library of cues and need to move on with statics, flash cues and cue lists.

The entire thing is controlled via my iPad. I used the Lemur app to design an interface to control Arkaos running on a Mac Mini (my home theater Mac, connected to the projector) using OSC, and the same interface has panes for LightJockey running on a different machine (using MIDI). I also use the free add-on "FaderS" program to control sub-groups with touch faders in the Lemur app.

Yes, kind of insane to have in ones house, but it's fun. I went with the Chauvet ColorBands because I can also use them as general lighting or accent lighting. I had an electrician run two sets of outlets up to the ceiling, one for the moving heads, and one for the ColorBands. I can therefore switch them on and off independently.

To further complicate things, I have LightJockey's DMX interface going to an Enttec ODE DMX to Art-Net interface. That sends Art-Net out over the network to another ODE on the other side of the room, that then sends DMX to various places using hard wiring and Chauvet D-Fi wireless DMX units.

This also allows me to run the Luminair App on my iPad. I have a bunch of cues set up on that app for switching the ColorBands to various scenes. Since it outputs Art-Net directly, I don't have to have LightJockey running to control those.

LightJockey is actually running on my Macbook Pro, inside of a Windows 7 VM under VMWare Fusion. Works flawlessly!

Lighting:
    - Martin Lightjockey 2 DMX console
    - 8 Chauvet Colorband Tri LED strips
    - 4 Chauvet Q-Spot 260 moving heads
    - 3 Chauvet Colorstrip Mini LED strips
    - 1 Chauvet Colorband Tri LED strip
    - 2 Chauvet LED Shadow black lights
    - 1 Chauvet Techno Strobe
    - Chauvet GBC green/blue laser
    - Chauvet Hurricane 1100 Fog Machine

Visuals:
    - Arkaos Grand VJ
    - Epson 8700UB Projector

Click here for mobile viewing.
    "Oooh look at me.... I wrote the Internet!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruel View Post
    I also posted this in the "show your DJ setup". But this is what I have running in my loft, with an emphasis on the lights. It's all programmed through LightJockey 2. I have a ton of sequences programmed; but am still building up a library of cues and need to move on with statics, flash cues and cue lists.

The entire thing is controlled via my iPad. I used the Lemur app to design an interface to control Arkaos running on a Mac Mini (my home theater Mac, connected to the projector) using OSC, and the same interface has panes for LightJockey running on a different machine (using MIDI). I also use the free add-on "FaderS" program to control sub-groups with touch faders in the Lemur app.

Yes, kind of insane to have in ones house, but it's fun. I went with the Chauvet ColorBands because I can also use them as general lighting or accent lighting. I had an electrician run two sets of outlets up to the ceiling, one for the moving heads, and one for the ColorBands. I can therefore switch them on and off independently.

To further complicate things, I have LightJockey's DMX interface going to an Enttec ODE DMX to Art-Net interface. That sends Art-Net out over the network to another ODE on the other side of the room, that then sends DMX to various places using hard wiring and Chauvet D-Fi wireless DMX units.

This also allows me to run the Luminair App on my iPad. I have a bunch of cues set up on that app for switching the ColorBands to various scenes. Since it outputs Art-Net directly, I don't have to have LightJockey running to control those.

LightJockey is actually running on my Macbook Pro, inside of a Windows 7 VM under VMWare Fusion. Works flawlessly!

Lighting:
    - Martin Lightjockey 2 DMX console
    - 8 Chauvet Colorband Tri LED strips
    - 4 Chauvet Q-Spot 260 moving heads
    - 3 Chauvet Colorstrip Mini LED strips
    - 1 Chauvet Colorband Tri LED strip
    - 2 Chauvet LED Shadow black lights
    - 1 Chauvet Techno Strobe
    - Chauvet GBC green/blue laser
    - Chauvet Hurricane 1100 Fog Machine

Visuals:
    - Arkaos Grand VJ