Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your lighting rigs

Post your lighting rigs

Fighting for Stripe's love.
    [Echoik] 5:05 pm: Stripe loves me too.
    [sol] 5:05 pm: he loves me more, lol
    [Echoik] 5:09 pm: Eh. I don't think DJ loves you more
    [Echoik] 5:09 pm: And I have 2 reasons
    [Echoik] 5:09 pm: They're called boobs. ...
    [Kevin James] 5:09 pm: lol @ clueless echo ...

Lights On

Lights Off

Currently consists of an American DJ Vertigo Tri-LED, and a ADJ Micro Galaxian lazer. They really highlight each other in a venue. Setup is slowly expanding on my small budget Currently I mount them either under the speaker trees or on a tree I borrow from my school.

I'll get some shots up from my gig later this month, they'll hopefully show what these things can do
    Last edited by DJHoss; 02-05-2012 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Pictures dont wanna stay..fixing
    DJ Hoss
    Quote Originally Posted by JuxtaPoser View Post
    Red LEDs = SUPER AWESOME MODE: ENGAGED
    Make it work!!!!

Part of my lighting rig..

Colorstrip
    vertigo led
    mystic led
    galaxian
    hypnotic

4x Martin SCX500's
    "If Bad Sound Were Fatal, Audio Would Be the Leading Cause of Death" - Don Davis (SynAudCon)

Here's my qspot260s and x-laser mobilebeat RGB setup in the house for some programming. Check it out in HD for best viewing

I have no real lighting rig, just the ones I work with for concerts, events, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by disbjohn View Post
    Here's my qspot260s and x-laser mobilebeat RGB setup in the house for some programming. Check it out in HD for best viewing
    Looks good. I was very much thinking of purchasing a couple of these lasers. How do you like it disbjohn? Did you end up filing for a variance? I ended up purchasing 2 American DJ Liquid sky lasers because of the whole variance thing "and I'm not a big ADJ fan". But I do have to say the liquid skys are actually pretty decent for the money. That X-Laser Mobile Beat RGB looks awesome, there is just a lot of stuff to take into consideration when dealing with lasers. I still wonder if I should have went that route, once again, looks good!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
    Looks good. I was very much thinking of purchasing a couple of these lasers. How do you like it disbjohn? Did you end up filing for a variance? I ended up purchasing 2 American DJ Liquid sky lasers because of the whole variance thing "and I'm not a big ADJ fan". But I do have to say the liquid skys are actually pretty decent for the money. That X-Laser Mobile Beat RGB looks awesome, there is just a lot of stuff to take into consideration when dealing with lasers. I still wonder if I should have went that route, once again, looks good!

Adam
    Thanks Adam. I did file the variance. The kit that x-laser sells makes it really easy to file for the variance. Mine is submitted and am just waiting. i heard it may take awhile to get everything all said and done, but as long as you have filed you are ok. Since it is a high-powered laser, you do have to take more precautions such as minimum height above audience as well as properly marked warning signs of high-powered laser in use. All the information is included in the kit and on a disc when you buy the product.
    rlfsociety.com | dfwprodjs.com

Heres something from the bar/club I work at on campus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoeKC...layer_embedded

some video footage of one of our frost week events taken by a student, at the campus bar i do lighting at.

Rig

8 Elation UV washes
    4 Elation E-Spot LED
    4 Chauvet LED 200's
    1 Chauvet GBC laser
    1 Le Maitre Raidance Hazer
    1 Showxpress Lighting Controller
    1 Leprechaun 8/16 channel board
    16 par 64's